Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Base responsive (mobile) menu module position

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Please help, I cannot find how to activate the responsive (mobile) menu in the zen base template. I can see the icon, but there's no action associated with the icon and there doesn't appear to be a position equivalent to 'togglemenu' for the menu module in this template.
Thanks.
  • Lorraine
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 54 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

It should just happen automatically.

Can you post a link so we can see whats happening?

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi
Ah - it's on my local development server unfortunately (Windows 7/xampp/latest Joomla)
What I'll do is try to reproduce what I've got on a linux test server later today. If it works OK I'll update this forum and if not will send you the link to take a look.
I did try installing Blanko for J3 instead and that worked fine in the same configuration...
Will let you know
Cheers
Lorraine
  • Lorraine
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 54 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Oki, let us know. Because from my testing mobile menu was working fine for me.
  • Zuzuzu
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Right thought I would update this in case other people have the same symptom. I moved the development site from my Windows 7 PC running XAMPP to a Mac running MAMP.
The template now works without any changes being made.
I'll be moving it to an accessible hosting provider to check it there soon, but my guess is that it's a local issue to do with the version of XAMPP I am running on Windows 7.
My confusion arose because I think for earlier versions of JB templates I needed to create a menu module in the 'togglemenu' module position and I was looking for that information when my mobile menu icon wasn't clickable.
But in fact, with this new template you don't need to have a menu in the togglemenu position to get the mobile menu to work.
I hope all that makes sense, and as long as the linux version works fine (I am sure it will) I'll consider this question closed.
Thanks for your help.
  • Lorraine
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 54 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Thanks for getting back to us

Interesting about xampp as I'm currently using that on a win7 PC without a problem - just re-installed the template now to check

Can quite understand the confusion regarding moving frameworks - sorry about that

Good luck with the site build

Regards
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Spoke too soon! I have uploaded to a site based on Linux (so you will be able to get at this one) and the problem has recurred.
  • Lorraine
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 54 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Hi

Can see the ticket and that Zu is helping you with it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Yes thanks for your support.
Basically I had a zenmodal module which was covering up the mobile menu making it non clickable. In case anyone has a similar problem, check if this is what's causing the symptom.
For now I have dealt with it by using the popover style instead, and will carry on thinking about an alternative which might give a similar effect.
Cheers
  • Lorraine
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 54 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Thanks for posting back :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
No problem - JB have suggested a fix today, and I think are going to incorporate it in the template... so all will be good and working soon. Excellent thanks!
  • Lorraine
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 54 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Thanks for the update

I didn't know that

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers