Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Slideshow photos with text (description)

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Gentlemen,
how can I integrate a slideshow to my inspire template where I can add to each photo a little description?

Do I have to create for each photo a single article and refer to that or can I simply refer to the folder with the specific photos and add somewhere??? a description to each...

Or do I have to use a different type of slideshow?

Many thanks for your help,
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Any idea how long the description would be?

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,
thanks for your reply. For the moment I think 10-20 words would be enough.

I am not sure how you guys organize that...is it in this case more common to work with articles and setup an article per image? Of course this would be much more work...I am not sure if this would be an advantage concerning content updates.

Many thanks for your further info.
You could have used the filename but that amount of words is a bit long for that

Life would easier if you could use the title of the file - otherwise you would need to link an article to the image - it doesn't need to load the article but the slideshow needs to pull the text content from it

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
How would that look like - to pull text from the specific content?

Thanks
You set up some articles with an image and the text description - probably adding as intro text and then select those pages in the module (either by category or individually as articles)

In the zentools module you have image and text added to the drag and drop list and then chose your image and text settings as required

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks a lot. I'll gonna try that....
Let you know how about the result.
I'd start off with two articles to see how it looks/works - no point creating lots of articles before you know it will work for you :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,
I tried what you suggested, but I think it is on the long term a bit too complicated.

Isn't there any possibility with a text file which is placed in the image folder....for example like in the following plug-in:

joomla-extensions.kubik-rubik.de/sige-simple-image-gallery-extended#extras

The only disadvantage with the above mentioned plug-in from SIGE is, that you can setup only one gallery configuration...and this has to be used for all galleries.

I thought that there must be another way.....the description of each photo would be like: Sculpture Black and White - finest engraving on ceramic combined with Jade, 75x75 inch

Any idea? Thanks, FS
I'm afraid zentools doesn't have the option of using a text file

You could name the file

Sculpture+Black+and+White+finest+engraving+on+ceramic +combined+with+Jade+75x75+inch.jpg

and load from a directory

although you may want to change the text separators (as the plus symbol will require you to upload via ftp)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers