Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zenbase Module Widths - Changeable - How?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

The product page for Zenbase says "T3 uses a draggable interface for controlling module and grid widths", but I do not see any way to do that in my layout tab. I simply want to change the width of top1 on one or more styles. I can change the number of positions in the row, but that is all. I have Zenbase 1.2.3, and I think I have all the latest files, but I am not sure. I have not found any clues in the Zenbase documentation. I do not see a way to modify any of the css files, either.

LayoutScreenShot.png
  • radwagner
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Can you check out this thread

www.joomlabamboo.com/forum/2013-joomla-templates/102163-resizing-module-widths-in-t3

I'm in the process of converting the thread to a "how to" article as a guide so if you have any feedback that would be great :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Last Edit: 10 years 7 months ago by manh.
Where is the thread link you said to check out?

When I go to Layout under Zenbase template manager, it says "You can change the module position by clicking on the configuration icon on the top right." but there's no configuration icon anywhere.

There's something seriously broken with Zenbase (for J2.5 at least) template manager.
  • zen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 52 posts
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
that does look strange

I'll have to get back to you on that I need to ask a developer to take a look

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
I do remember seeing those settings you described under Layout tab, but it seems to have disappeared after I upgraded T3 to the latest 1.4.1.
  • zen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 52 posts
Can you try re-installing 1.41. just in the case it didn't install correctly

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Just did - no change.
  • zen
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 52 posts
When I follow the link to the how-to article, follow the instructions, and use the Responsive Layout, I CAN see the draggable "handles", and so far they seem to drag left-right as expected, and the module widths DO seem to change.

RECOMMENDATION: Emphasize in the main documentation that the Joomla developer needs to use the Module Positions tab AND the Responsive Layout tab to really manage the whole layout. I never realized that until I read the how-to article. Also emphasize that the module size controls are found only in the Responsive Layout tab layouts, not the Module Position tab.
  • radwagner
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
Hi Radwagner,

Thanks for the feedback :)

We will make the documentation clearer

Thanks again +1

Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers