Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

add custom fonts to Sidetrack template

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey there,

I am attempting to add a custom font to my css styles on the following site: www.fleron-iversen.com/sites/steinerskoleportalen/index.php/poedagogikken.

I have converted the font to .eot, .svg, .ttf and .woff at www.mashape.com/warting/Online-font-converter#endpoint-ConvertFont and I have uploaded them into a folder called fonts in my template folder.

I have tried absolute and relative path URL in my css. Here is the code I put together:
@font-face {
font-family: 'KozGoPro Light';
src: url("../fonts/KozGoPro-Light-webfont.eot") format('eot');
src: local("☺"),
url("../fonts/KozGoPro-Light.otf"),
url("../fonts/KozGoPro-Light-webfont.woff") format('woff')
url("../fonts/KozGoPro-Light-webfont.ttf") format('truetype'),
url("../fonts/KozGoPro-Light-webfont.svg") format('svg');
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}

h1,h2,h3,h4, h5,h6,.blockquote, .componentheading, .contentheading {font-family: KozGoPro Light, Verdana, Helvetica; color:#353e4d; text-transform: uppercase;}
a#zenpanelopen {font-family: KozGoPro Light, Verdana, Helvetica;}
.menu {font-family: KozGoPro Light,Verdana, Helvetica;}

I also altered the fonts.css file in the zengridframework/css folder. I didn't add the @font-face css code to that file though.

What is loading to the font is Verdana my second preference. Am I missing something? I figured I could just use the @font-face function, but perhaps the zengrid font setup is conflicting? What would be my best approach with a zengrid framework template? Incidentally, my uppercase style is not showing in Chrome.

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

Have you tried adding a absolute url to the fonts in this page?

/plugins/system/zengridframework/zengridframework/index.php and then calling the fonts

I'm referencing this thread

www.joomlabamboo.com/forum/blanko/85393-google-fonts

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the thread.
I added this to the <head> of the file you referred to:
<link href="www.fleron-iversen.com/sites/steinerskoleportalen/templates/jbsidetrack/fonts" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

And it still doesn't do anything... this is a link tag to a css not a directory though, so I am not sure how this would work anyway. Is there something I am missing?

Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi
check this error message:

GET www.fleron-iversen.com/sites/steinerskoleportalen/templates/jbsidetrack/fonts/ 403 (Forbidden)
So this is reason why you don't see font...they are not referenced from any file because browser is not able to open fonts directory. Check this issue with your hosting company.
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Hey everybody,

I gave up on setting up the custom font idea - it slows down everything too much. I am using google fonts. I have been looking through different posts about how to add an extra google font that is not in your current font stacks and settings, but I can't get it to work.

The font that I want to use is Julius Sans One: <link href='fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Julius+Sans+One' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

I added the above google link in the <head> of the file in the zengridframework: /plugins/system/zengridframework/zengridframework/index.php

then I added the following css to the heading styles in type.css file in /plugins/system/zengridframework/zengridframework/media/css directory:
font-family: 'Julius Sans One', sans-serif;

In the template manager I have set the font family headings dropdown to Cambria....

When I look in Firebug, the headings are set to Didact which is the google font from the stack that I am using for the navigation and font-family body. Is there something I am missing? The Cambria font should at least show, if not the Julius google font.

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Can you turn off compression please

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul,

I turned it off. Now Cambria font shows up, but how do I get my extra google font to show?

Thanks.

Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Not 100% sure Nya but does adding !important after the css rule fix the issue?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the idea. It worked! Yeah I got my headings working. I added the "!important" into the css

So the css files I have changed are:
theme.css in the template directory
type.css in plugins/zengridframework/media/css

where I added: font-family: 'Julius Sans One', sans-serif !important;
to all of my headings

and I added the google reference info to the head of the index.php in plugins/zengridframework/zengridframework:
<link href='fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Julius+Sans+One' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

Just in case someone else is interested. :-)

Thanks again.

Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Nya,

Thanks for posting back :)

+1

The important is also required if using a T3 template as well :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers