Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

...the layout features and JCE

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I made complex layouts with the
{grid1} ..., {grid1_last}...
. The possibilities are unlimited ... wow! The most powerful feature I have ever seen!

I did not look, what´s the output, - unfortunately its a div; and JCE is wrapping it with p, if not changed in the JCE configuration.

I thought, that is solved in the code, but it is not and so I have 1000 div inside p .

At least the validator wants it like this
<div>{zendiv}<p or h></p or h>{/zendiv}</div>
, and not each zengrid in the brackets wrapped with an separate div.

Is there any way to change the p tags bevor a
{zengrid}
to div automatically ? - I think a few extensions out there use this, maybe not with the
{}
brackets but at leat with
[ ]

I did not find that "beginner mistake" displaying wrong in any browser? Is it very important to change this immediately?
  • Dan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 69 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
To change that automatically...well, I know NoNumber developer does have some automatic plugin, but I am not sure if that can be used for this.

Personally, I would export DB data from content and fix it there and import DB back again.
  • Zuzuzu
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
To change that automatically means indeed, that the code parts in the article text, no care what is wrapped around by any editor, should be stripped out by something like a regex.

I thought, that is the reason, to use these code parts in article text; the same way, they are not visible in the text output, the wrapping what ever should be stripped out. So to be clear, the question was, is there any possibility to implement this into the code. At least the loadposition in Joomla core, indeed equalizes whatever is around.

How ever I sanitize my project, at least the client will work with it.
  • Dan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 69 posts
  • 1 Thanks
So like I said, there are two possibilities:
1) try NoNumbers ReReplacer
2) change JCE setting so this is no more issue in future and fix this in older content.

If you are asking for fix inside JB Type...well, but there are still many peoples not using JCE so I don't know how this would work.
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
You are perfect in not answering questions.;)
Thank you - I solved that for my projects.
Your suggestion is fine.

It has nothing to do with JCE.
Whatever is wrapped around should be stripped.
This is possible and state of the art.
I do not think it is an must-be.
But at least I never saw something powerful then this feature.

I will handle this in future with no probs.
JCE is out.
Nice tool, gets bigger every day but does not fulfill basic needs (not to forget the problems with jb libary and loading jquery)
So thanks and happy new year. I read about Syndey New year 6 hours before we start here.
  • Dan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 69 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi Dan
I am sorry, but I am trying to answer all I can. I guess I just didn't understand properly what exactly you wanted. Anyway, I told Anthony to look here as he is developing JB Type so he will know what is or is not possible.

Happy New Year to you too :)
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Thanks Zuzuzu,
I read again Anthonys blog ( April), and he is very clear.

I could have known :)

I was so excited about this feature, because you can almost set up every layout with it and I also used it for complex tables.
Best regards, Dan
  • Dan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 69 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Yeah, I think that JB Type is really a bit unappreciated extension...it is far more powerful than most people think :)
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Hi Dan,

We will look into adding that as a part of the plugin regex to avoid those types of errors.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

I do not use the jbtype JCE plugin. I type the code in the JCE toggle editor view.
I found, that the reason of the wrapping <p> tags is, that JCE has a quite new behaviour with line breaks.

If I save a opening and closing p it would not give a new line; if I do the same in editor view it adds an   to it and the line break works fine (...indeed I was to lazy for typing the fixed break...and also to set JCE to use divs instead of p).

So I saved one time in editor view and lost the clean grid-tags.

P.S.: The regex maybe does not work with the
{}
- only with the
[]
brakes.

Best regards, Dan
  • Dan
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 69 posts
  • 1 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers