Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Grid conflict with jReviews

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello

After updating to the latest version of jReviews I get jquery errors and pages do not load correctly. It turns out to be a conflict with the Zen Grid plugin and if I disable Zen Grid the pages load correctly without errors.

Is there a way around this? The guys at jReviews have suggested a third-party jquery loader but I'm wondering if there's a way to resolve it without adding another factor into the mix?

regards

Andrew
  • waltea
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Andrew,

Do you have a link for the site for us to take a look?

You can disable scripts using the template via settings > performance > Remove Extra Scripts

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hi Paul

The site is at www.ate.org.au but the problem only occurs in the login-only area for managing jReviews listings (see screenshot).

I have fiddled with all of the settings in the performance section without any luck. The script causing the issue (according to FireBug) is this one:

www.ate.org.au/components/com_jreviews/jreviews/views/js/jquery/i18n/jquery.ui.datepicker-en-GB.js

regards

Andrew
Attachments:
  • waltea
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
Although I now notice the homepage is generating console errors for the menu script:

www.ate.org.au/media/zengridframework/js/menus/accordionMenu.js

If I use the Latest Version of jQuery (from Google) in the option. The guys at jReviews say they require 1.8.2 or later. It doesn't fix the breakdown in the members-only section though.

regards

Andrew
  • waltea
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the trouble.

Can you create a ticket perhaps with ftp access so we can look at the conflict?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Not to worry Anthony.

I've installed a jQuery loader as suggested by the guys at jReviews and this has worked around the problem.

regards

Andrew
  • waltea
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the update

If you need any more help with this at a later date please get back to us

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers