Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

How to use K2 Default Layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi...
Does anyone has any problem using K2 default template layout with JoomlaBamboo template? I do have, and open ticket SUPPORT-2TPZG8SWY2 but noone could tell me what is the problem exactly till now.

I would like to use the JoomlaBamboo' K2 template, but most of their layout takes lot of unnecessary space. For example, have a look at here: bambootheme.com/showcase/zenkit-highline/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=369:masonry-#4&Itemid=246 The Author and Date on the left takes the whole space down the to bottom. And also have a look the Corporate K2 template, there are lot of horizontal bars those take lots of spaces. Those are the reason that I don't want to use the JB' K2 template, and prefer to use the K2 default layout.

Looks forward to hear from other users.

Cheers!
Joseph
  • Joseph M
  • 12 Month basic
  • 193 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Joseph,

Your ticket will be updated shortly.

For anyone else looking for how to remove the template influence on the default template:

1. K2 has an inbuilt override system which checks for the existence of a css/k2.css file and it will load that in lieue of the core k2 css file. So the solution in addition to setting the template for the category to default you also need to remove or rename the css/k2.css file.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Joseph

I did ask Anthony about this and reason is not Zengrid framework but k2 extension itself.

If there is any k2.css file inside templates/TEMPLATE-NAME/css, k2 extension will not load default k2.css

But, for ZenKit we need to remove default k2.css from k2 extension otherwise there are some conflicts with css. And for this reason inside JB templates is always k2.css file and for the same reason default k2.css is not loading.

=> solution. If you don't want Zenkit and JB template for k2, rename k2.css located inside css folder inside your template
  • Zuzuzu
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers