Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

JBSlideShow Fails to Present Article Images On Some Pages Only

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I can't seem to get JBSlideShow to present a 2012 Slide Show on the Home Page of this website or on the interior 2012 Event Photos page. Can't seem to figure what is the problem. 2011 and 2010 work fine, but 2012 does not display.

Home Page
midnightclassicbiketour.com

Interior Page 2012 - Doesn't Work
midnightclassicbiketour.com/index.php/midnight-classic-bike-tour-event-detail/2012-event-photos

Interior Page 2011 - Works
midnightclassicbiketour.com/index.php/midnight-classic-bike-tour-event-detail/2011-event-photos

Interior Page 2010 - Works
midnightclassicbiketour.com/index.php/midnight-classic-bike-tour-event-detail/2010-event-photos
  • Stanton Bond
  • Free Extensions
  • 518 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Stanton,

The slideshow needs more than one slide in order to transition and this slideshow very unhelpfully just displays nothing when there is only one slide. Zentools does not do this.

So the solution is to make sure there is more than one slide showing.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
You may be on to something. There actually are about 15 articles posted to this section and category. I think the one that shows is not showing in the Slide Show area, but probably in the Publish on Home Page mode. If you click in the white area where the slide show should be, for an instant, fraction of a second, you'll see the Title of the first slide that should be showing, but then instantly it turns back to white background again. I tried reloading JBSlideShow and JBLibrary and JBType.
  • Stanton Bond
  • Free Extensions
  • 518 posts
Hi Stanton,

As Anthony indicated, the slideshow instance that does not work does not have more than 1 article with an image in the articles it is set to show. You need to check the content settings, and the content of the articles themselves, for that slideshow.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Maybe we should open a ticket on this one. There are 16 articles with photos and text assigned to this category. The JBSlideShow module is set to display content using Category.

What is visibly not right in the JBModule configuration screen is that the box/window called Articles Based on Category Selected is not correct, it seems to include sample articles and other random stuff, but not the articles in the category I have selected. Also, the list of Articles Based on Category Selected does not change if I select another Category. So that area appears to be hosed
  • Stanton Bond
  • Free Extensions
  • 518 posts
Hi Stanton,

In that case you just need to de-select those articles, or select only the articles you want displayed. If you have articles selected there, Slideshow will try and display them.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers