Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

New Version Zgf 2.2.13 Mis renders Kunena Forum layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Bamboo,

I installed the new release of zgf 2.0 and it made the rendering of the default Blue Eagle 2.0 Kunena template become wrong. It seems (guess on my part) that images used in the template are "ignored(?)." or unused.

See joomlabeta.cornerstonecubed.com/forum/index

Everything else is up to date. Using Corporate. This problem occurs in several responsive templates - New Koan and Standard were tested.

This may not belong here as it's not related to the new zgf but may be related to zgf in general - or not at all.

Also, it's a topic that may not be in your baliwick. But here it goes.

The menu item I have used to go to the Kunena forum page is a main menu top item (see joomlabeta.cornerstonecubed.com/forum/index).

It does not reflect the "active" state when on the page. Active state means, in Corporate, a bar at the top of the page over the active menu item and in, in my case, a blue color or the menu text. This does not happen with this menu item but every other menu item reflects the active status.

I tried moving the page under another menu item that "works" and if I go to the Kunena page the active status does not occur fro the parent item nor the sub(Kunena) page item. But the active status does work if I select the parent menu item's page to view (in other owrds the fct that the Kunena menu item is a sub menu item has no effect on the parent's ability to show active status.

Tried other types of "similar" components (Fox contact form and Discussion forum) and the menu items show active status. My testing showed only Kunena forum menu item would not show active status (that's why it may not be something you can help with - I can't seem to find the problem fiddling with settings - couldn't begin to tackle the code).

This problem occurs in several responsive templates.

Thanks for any help possible.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Last Edit: 11 years 7 months ago by Jonathanne.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Jonathon,

Really not sure how that last update would affect Kunena.

The framework css that changed was in the css/type.css - can you perhaps try reinstating that file to see if that is the culprit?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I did so and no effect. The previous version of zgf did work by the way and I tested it with Safari, Firefox, chrome and ie9. Same results for all.

I also installed the new zentools as well which I forget to mention.

JUST Tested. No effect.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Anthony,

I replaced the previous version's type.css file in the latest version of zgf (did not re-install old version but only the type.css file) and the rendering went back to normal. It seems from this that some changes in the type file caused the problem.

Jonathan

UPDATE 9/13/12 @ 8:25AM EDT

The following code is the culprit:

/*--- Fix for max width images in tables for ie8 ---*/
table {
table-layout: fixed;
}

If I remove it, then rendering is normal. Both chrome and IE9.

Jonathan

UPDATE 9/13/12 @9:34AM EST

I fixed the problem by adding code to the kunena.default-min.css file. set
table-layout: auto;
and that fixes the problem by leaving your fix to IE8 alone.

Thanks for pointing the way.

Jonathan

Again, I know it's probably not your problem but any help on the second problem mentioned (active menu item not rendering when selecting it to display Kunena forum)?

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Right I think we can fix this by adding an ie8 prefix actually.

Thanks for spotting it. Added a month to your sub for the fix.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

Thanks for the month. Always satisfying finding and fixing things.

Any ideas on the second issue?

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Hi Jonathan,

The top level menu item re-directs to another url, so when you land on the forum you are not at the same URL as the menu, hence it never shows as active.

Your menu item points to : joomlabeta.cornerstonecubed.com/ebyd-forum.html but the forum is at joomlabeta.cornerstonecubed.com/forum/index.html
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Seth,

Thanks for the info. Is this something I have no control over? Am I lacking some knowledge - which wouldn't surprise me. I'm doing nothing, that I know of, to redirect.

Again, thanks for looking into this.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Kunena menu stuff is kind of confusing at first - I still dont have a full grasp. But I think you just need to ensure that you dont have any duplicate urls in the menu structure. When you install Kunena it creates a new set of menu items int he menu manager. That last bit is what tripped me up for a while.

Thanks
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

I have the list of Kunena menu items in it's own menu and each does indeed have it's own alias name.

It doesn't matter what I name the site menu item to point to the forum it redirects. When I create the site menu item and I go to choose a page type, I have a list of types made by the install of Kunena that I can select from. I choose the "Home Page" type. Once selected I have a required setting of "default menu item." I can choose any menu item from all my menus. I have chosen from the Main menu Kunena menu and others but the redirect always occurs.

I'm at a loss as to how to get the site menu item to render active when I view the forum page.

I can't remember iif this occurred with previous versions of Kunena or not. Didn't notice it before but that doesn't mean anything.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Yeah that sounds odd. Does it just happen with our theme?
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

Just installed Rocket's Afterburner and the menu item does not reflect active status like the other menu items do.

I only use Bamboo themes and I only use responsive ones. I like the style you offer, their elegance and simplicity (not a negative statement). Other templates add a lot of gaudiness and thousands (yes, an exaggeration but not so when you look at potential combinations) of options.

I believe that people visit web sites for one several reasons but none have to do with glitz and glamour. It has to do with finding what they want quickly and interestingly. Don't want to be boring - interactivity can be important - but having a lot of moving parts distracts from the real purpose of the site.

Your templates fit these criteria well in my humble opinion. Even at my advanced age I still have a lot to learn to use your fine work effectively.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Hi Jonathanne,

If this is alo happening with other tempates it seems to be an Kunena issue. I haven't used any recent version, so couldn't really comment on that. Best advice is to check on their forums to see if others have reported the issue.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Seth,

I agree that it's not a JB problem. I have looked at the Kunena forum and only came across tangential issues. But I will look some more.

Thanks for your response.

Jonathan
  • Jonathanne
  • 12 Month basic
  • 439 posts
  • 7 Thanks
Thanks for your kind feedback above Jonathon.

Our customers also help us to make great products :P

Cheers
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers