Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

We (well, me at least) want to use SVG logos

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi people,

As more and more devices move towards 300+ ppi screens (currently the iPhone 4, 4S, iPad 3, Retina Macbook Pro and surely quite a few Android devices), I think it's time to think about updating the framework to support SVG images, first and foremost for logos, which of course are always important that they are neatly presented.

The way I go about using SVG images at the moment in Joomla is creating a Custom HTML module, and entering
<embed src="images/rect.svg" width="300" height="100"type="image/svg+xml"
pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/" />

and then loading that module using loadposition.

This of course is pretty cumbersome compared to just inserting an image as per normal. I'm not sure how far the framework extends with regards to the possibilites of enabling this, but well, every site will have a logo which usually is in vector format to begin with, so I think many people would appreciate svg logo support.

Thanks and keep up the good & beautiful work guys.

PS. Do you have any good ideas for using svg images for logos with the current Zengrid framework? DS.
  • olovk
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 61 posts
Last Edit: 11 years 8 months ago by olovk. Reason: change of wording
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Thanks for the idea and Ive added it to the feature list for a future update.

Basically you can do a layout override for the logo by grabbing the file located at:

plugins/system/zengridframework/assets/layout/logo.php

You can see how we implement the logo file there so I imagine it will just be a matter of using your code like this:
<embed src="<?php echo $this->baseurl.$logoLocation.'/'.$logoFile; ?>" width="300" height="100"type="image/svg+xml"
pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/" />

I dont think the Joomla 2.5 media element can load an svg file (might be able to) but if it can't you can just hard code the src path to your svg file and that should do it for you.

Hope that helps and thanks for the feedback.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers