Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

error on frontpage after moving website

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi ,

I created a test-page using the Intrepid-template. When it was running and ready, I moved the site to the default location www.hetnatuurhuis.nl
The website doesn't load properly. Everything seams to be there in the backend, but on the frontend I keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /files2/web/home/hetnatuurhuis/public_html/media/zengridframework/helpers/image.php on line 326

The line-number varies from 324 to 322, 329, 326 etc. everytime when I reload the page. Trying to solve the problem, I installed the latest version of the Zengrid Frame Work, but the error remains. When I switch to another (standard) template like Beez, the frontpage shows (sort off ;) )

Best regards,
Jos.
  • josfrenken
  • 12 Month basic
  • 117 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi

this error is not related to template or framework, this usually means that:
1) you did something wrong with Joomla
2) your images are too big
3) wrong setting of htaccess
4) low quality hosting

So I would recommend switch off all modules loading images like ZenTools and switch off SEF. This is initial step to troubleshoot...
  • Zuzuzu
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Hi Zuzuzu

Thanks for your quick response :P . It is the ZenTools by the way. After de-activating all the Zen Tools modules, the error is gone. But without Zen Tools, the website won't work properly. So there is my dilemma....

Best regards,
Jos.
  • josfrenken
  • 12 Month basic
  • 117 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Solved a part of the problem by making the directory media/zengridframework/imagecache
writable.
When activating the Zen Tools slideshow in Grid1, the error returns.
  • josfrenken
  • 12 Month basic
  • 117 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hi Jos,

I would say that the images you are trying to resize are too large in file size.

If you reduce their size does that help?

Thanks.
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony and Zuzuzu,

I reduced the images back to 30-40kb but that didn't help. The strange thing was that, when I selected a different folder with images in the module, the error didn't show up and the slideshow did work but the images kept their original size. So I set the resize-option in the Zen Tools module to 'NO' et voila: it works! Problem solved as far as I'm concerned. Thanks!
  • josfrenken
  • 12 Month basic
  • 117 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hmm sounds odd but glad you got a work around.

Thanks Jos!
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers