Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Additional Social Icons

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

How would one go about adding options for more then six social icons?

Is this possible?

Thanks
  • Troy Mumm
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi
it is possible, but you need to change XML file and also PHP file for socialicons.
Biggest problem is that once you change this you won't be able to upload latest template update via Extension manager as this would cause all your changes to go away.

If you want this, I will do my best to point you where to do this change.
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Yes, please.

I located the socialicons.php file - and my plan b was just to hard code the links/images in there.

What are the other files?
  • Troy Mumm
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The other file is templateDetails.xml which is located inside root of template directory. Here you need to locate xml strings for socialicons and you should locate this:

<field type="zeninfo" display="heading" desc="ZENICON6" />
<field name="icon6Image" type="imagelist" default="-1" label="ZENICONIMAGE" description="ZENICONIMAGEDESCRIPTION" directory="templates/jblifestyle/images/icons/" exclude="" stripext="" />
<field name="icon6Link" type="text" default="#" label="ZENSOCIALICONLINK" description="ZENSOCIALICONLINKDESCRIPTION" />

copy this part again just under it and instead of 6 use 7..so name is icon7Image or icon7Link

and same new name now use inside mentioned php file.
  • Zuzuzu
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
Thanks. That didn't quite work as expected - but I get went and hard coded the images/links in the socialicons.php file, which may be better anyway, one less file to worry about getting overridden with updates

Related feature request: It would be nice to input the Alt text in config - using the file name as the alt text is a bit messy - and would be nice to change it "Find Us on Facebook" etc intead of "facebook_dark.png"

Thanks
  • Troy Mumm
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Hey Troy,

The alt should describe the image if possible, so if the image does not load people know what was supposed to be there. If you want to add titles it would be better to use the title attribute, e.g. title="Find us on Facebook" :)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hallo Troy, i have the same issue, please, if it's possible, be more specific.
This is the part of the template details xml, where i have to set the title param?

<param name="@jbtitle" type="jbtitle" label="ZENICON1" />
<param name="icon1Image" type="imagelist" default="-1" label="ZENICONIMAGE" description="ZENICONIMAGEDESCRIPTION" directory="templates/jbfocus/images/icons/" exclude="" stripext="" />
<param name="icon1Link" type="text" default="#" label="ZENSOCIALICONLINK" description="ZENSOCIALICONLINKDESCRIPTION" />

Thanks
  • lvirzi
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 1 posts
I set the links in the socialicons.php file located in

plugins/system/zengridframework/zengridframework/layout

Note its possible this file would get overwritten if you would update the plugin
  • Troy Mumm
  • 140 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth
Thanks Troy :)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers