Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Override framework js?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Guys,

I'm dealing with a client who wants to display 2 panel buttons (with different labels) to make it seems as if there are 2 logins. These will actually reveal exactly the same hidden panel with a login module.

I have achieved the 2 sets of button by simply outputting a second zenpaneltrigger namely zenpaneltrigger-b in a php override.

I now need to add the new #id to hiddenpanel.js and wondered if I could override this somehow - rather then editing the frameworks core and making upgrades a chore.

Can anyone recommend a method? I suppose I could repeat the panel functions in template.js but is there a more elegant solution?
  • AppleOrphanage
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 41 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Well, I am also using template.js for my own code. I don't know about other better way :(
  • Zuzuzu
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1925 posts
  • 107 Thanks
OK. If anyone does have a better solution I'd love to learn.

Otherwise a helpful hand to anyone else trying to do the same thing.

unbind the click event before redeclaring it - otherwise everything happen twice ^_^

e.g.

jQuery("#zenpanelopen,#zenpanelclose,#zenpanelclose2,#zenoverlay").unbind("click");
  • AppleOrphanage
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 41 posts
  • 1 Thanks
  • Bear
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 205 posts
  • 11 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth
Thanks Troy.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers