Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Image processing issies

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am getting a series of warnings on images used in the ZenGridFramework display, e.g.

Warning: imagesy(): supplied argument is not a valid Image resource in /homepages/22/d420746184/htdocs/media/zengridframework/helpers/image.php on line 60
Warning: filemtime() [function.filemtime]: stat failed for /homepages/22/d420746184/htdocs/images/Slides/Sunset%202.jpg in /homepages/22/d420746184/htdocs/media/zengridframework/helpers/image.php on line 37
Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg(/homepages/22/d420746184/htdocs/images/Slides/Sunset%202.jpg) [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/22/d420746184/htdocs/media/zengridframework/helpers/image.php on line 46

They all relate to a slideshow in the banner position. The odd thing is that all the images display despite the warnings.

The site is www.s420746201.websitehome.co.uk

Any help gratefully received!
  • mde1954
  • 6 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

The Zen Tools image resize script is breaking because of spaces in the filenames of your images.

As a rule of thumb, to ensure cross-platform compatibility, you should use_underscores_or-hyphens-instead of spaces in file and folder names. Change those and it should be fine :)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth,

Excellent support as always!

As a relative newbie I wasn't aware of that problem. My normal hosting environment is obviously tolerant of it, but moving to another threw it up.

Thanks,

Mike.
  • mde1954
  • 6 Month Basic
  • 8 posts
No problem.

Yes, that happens often depending on how servers are set up to handle file paths. As I say, the safe, always works anywhere, option is to avoid spaces (special characters also) in file and folder names.

Glad that sorted it for you. Thanks for letting us know.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers