Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Pure CSS dropdown menus without SuperFish?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

My first JB template install is Vintage on J2.5.4. I've discovered a js conflict with an important extension (GCalendar) - it prevents the Superfish scripts from loading.

Ideally I'd like to find a way for them to live harmoniously, but at the very least I'd like to disable the Superfish menu, and use pure CSS to get the dropdown menus working. Without the Superfish menus enabled, drop downs don't work.

Could the CSS be adjusted so the dropdowns work without Superfish menus enabled?

The site is: 174.121.133.154/~cbca/test/
  • axntdsgn
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 15 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Is it possible to remove or disable the GCAlendar version of jQuery?

174.121.133.154/~cbca/test//components/com_gcalendar/libraries/jquery/jquery.min.js

If that file doesn't load on the page it fixes the other issues.

If the component doesn't have the ability to turn it off the template can strip the extra version of jQuery from loading on the page by going to the settings > performance panel and enabling the strip extra scripts option and then adding jquery.min.js to the textbox.

Let us know how you get on.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I added the phrase "jquery.min.js" to the "Remove Extra Scripts" field, and selected Yes to enable it, but the script still seems to be loading. The calendar component does not have a setting to disable any scripts from loading.

Any other ideas?

Just for clarification, is disabling the Superfish menu supposed to disable drop down menus? I would assume the settings would only affect the animation, not the core drop down functionality.
  • axntdsgn
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 15 posts
Hi there,

Can you create a ticket with J login details and Ill get this working for you.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers