Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Read more link in featured article on front page doesn't open on a new page

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Anthony and co.

This might be a pure Joomla issue. It has come up once or twice for me now, so thought maybe you brilliant people know a solution. :-)

So the issue is that I have a featured article on a front page with a read more link (it has also occurred on other parts of sites where I have modules assigned) where I also have a bunch of modules (a slideshow and a html module) assigned to. edgarcaycenyc.org/newsite/

When I click on the Read more link, the featured article displays completely which I want it to, but the modules are still there, so it is hard to tell that the whole article is open. Ideally I would like the article to open on a new/fresh page without the modules. I can see that the URL is a new page, but modules are still assigning themselves to this page. I don't know if it is a limitation in Joomla, since this particular article is not assigned to a specific menu item????

The template I am working with in this case is Cultivate.

I appreciate your help as always.

Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Nya,

Yes its a Joomla issue.

This tutorial should help.

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/tutorials/implementing-a-fix-for-menu-item-ids-in-joomla

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

Thanks a million. This really worked. :-) Now I can fix a few other issues on other sites as well.

Hope you are enjoying your week.

Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Great thanks Nya :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers