Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

JBElement template issues - navigation customization

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Anthony and co,

Hope you are having a great day.

Here is the site I am working on: treocom.net/steinerskolen15/

As you can see I have changed the template a bit.;)

1) I managed to change the menu navigation colors to a blue taken from the top right image - I was able to change the pattern background image and the border-bottom and the breadcrumb navigation colors successfully.

2) Now, I am completely perplexed. I went ahead to change the color #2675DF to #31548c in the css styles in the hilite.css file and in the theme.css as I did before, but somehow it is still picking the old color.

I don't understand what happened? Do I have to deactivate the overrides? How come I was able to do it before? it is really puzzling. I hope you can see what is going on?

Thanks.

Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Nya,

I can'r see where you are trying to add the new color but this is the rule you need to change for the old color
line 110 of treocom.net/steinerskolen15/templates/jbelement/css/hiliteRedBlue.css

#nav ul li.active a, #nav ul li.active span.mainlevel span, .moduletable-superfish ul li.active a, .moduletable-superfish ul li.active span.separator {
border-bottom: 4px solid #2675DF;
}

And line 242 of theme.css

#breadcrumb {
font-size: 90%;
font-style: italic;
color: #2675DF;
line-height: 2;
}

Changing the color there will solve it for you.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Thanks Jason, I had already done all that you suggested. I tried logging onto my server space using a different account, and it looks like that was the issue. The files didn't upload properly. It looked like they did. Ah, I thought I was going crazy. Thanks again for the feedback.

:)

Sincerely,

Nya
  • Nya Fleron
  • 284 posts
  • 3 Thanks
Glad its sorted Nya :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers