Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Grid2 - problems with Captify

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there,

I installed the quickstart with Joomla 1.7. Supplied with your example data the captify was working. Then we linked new articles to the grid and it worked in the beginning, but after a while we discoverd that it did not work anymore

- You can see the thumbs, but the mouseover stopped working
- if you click on an item, it takes you nowhere (even if the browser tells you that it is loading another page)

We checked JB library plugin and the JB Captify Content, we cleared the cache with no success... Unfortunately the website is local so we cant provide you a link to the page. Do you have any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,
dorie
  • Dorie
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Some more information to this...

I´ve reinstalled the QuickInstaller and again it worked fine with the demo content. Then I found out a strange thing:

Scenario 1:
- I've created some new articles and set their category to 'Dummy Content' that was the category delivered with the demo content)
=> this works fine

Scenario 2:
- I've created a new category called 'GRID Content'
- Changed Module JB Captify Content property 'Content Image Filtering Options' and changed the Categories to 'GRID Content'.
- Changed article (from scenario 1) to use category 'GRID Content'
=> the Home page will show the article with its thumb picture. If I click on the thumb it takes me nowhere.

Any ideas what I´m doing wrong here?

Dorie
  • Dorie
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Hi Dorie,

Sounds like a javascript conflict - do you have a link so we can see what's happening?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Unfortunately not yet, it's still local, but we are on it.

We now know that we need to keep the example joomla/content menu item. If we unpublish it, the captify feature does not work.

As workaround we tried to set the demo menu 'Joomla! -> Content' on "access to registered" to make it invisible but that doesn´t work either.

We found some hints on your site, but we can't follow what to do.
The part of your documentation we struggle with is this one:

The solution to only having the captifyContent module appear on the first page is to create a dummy link to the category/categories you are trying to display in the module. Its important to realise that this menu does not need to be visible on the site but it needs to be in the site's database.

As an example if you want to display content from a category called "folio" then you need to create a menu item of a blog > category type that points to the folio category on your site. Once you have created the menu item then ensure that the captify module is not assigned to the newly created menu item.

Can you advise on the above even without having seen the page? We are in the middle of the upload, but need to go to sleep soon. Perhaps you can try later (or tomorrow? ;.)) on:
www.diefotofee.de
  • Dorie
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Sorry - me again.
Site is now uploaded on www.diefotofee.de

Ready for trail ;-)

Thanks,
Dorie
  • Dorie
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Hi Dorie,

This blog post should help:

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/tutorials/how-to-avoid-the-joomla-menu-itemid-issue

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony Olsen wrote:
Hi Anthony,

Tried the menuitemid fix process but seems not to work for Joomla 1.7. I would have to publish the described itemid-fix menu to make the pages shown. As soon as I unpublish the itemid-fix menu it stops working.

I will now simply change my idea and publish a full menu for each content page. That way I will have two different navigations for the same thing (through Main menu & captify grid). At least that works...

You might want to investigate this using Joomla 1.7 but for now I´m sorted ;-).

Regards,
Dorie
  • Dorie
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 6 posts
Hi Dorie and Anthony:

I am experiencing similar problem with 1.7.
I am using the GRID2 template. The front page renders fine; but the linking of the articles does not function.
I used GRID2 in 1.5 and it worked out of the box, no problem.

Is there going to be a FIX or advice on this.

Hoping this could work 'out of the box' in future updates to GRID2.

Cheers,

Tony
  • Tony Shaw
  • 1908 posts
  • 9 Thanks
Anthony Olsen wrote:
Hi Anthony:
I had the captify items contained in a single category called 'descriptions'... I created the menu, and then created a menu item as a 'category blog' for that category. When each item is mouse clicked, the article appears.

Thanks, that has solved my issue...

Tony
  • Tony Shaw
  • 1908 posts
  • 9 Thanks
Thanks Tony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers