Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Different Layout depending on Menu item

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I would like to try out different navigation between areas of my site. For example the centre module on the right of main content in one area and on the left in another. Or Main navigation and filter on the left for the product area and tag cloud/ tag list on the right for blog/ness.

What is the best approach for that? Copy the template and assign different templates to menu items or copy the modules and assign them to different positions depending on menu items?

Any advice or things to consider when making this decision?

Cheers,
Edward
  • buffdownunder
  • 12 Month basic
  • 56 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Exactly. You just need to create some new menu modules, assigning them to different positions and then setting them to show only on selected pages; option 2!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
I love easy options ;) Thanks Seth
  • buffdownunder
  • 12 Month basic
  • 56 posts
It only becomes a pain if you have actual theme/color/layout changes for each section of your site... which is what Joomla 1.6/1.7 took into consideration and should make easier.
  • Atomic Design and Consulting
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 43 posts
  • 1 Thanks
@Atomic - Agreed, such things were a real headache in J1.5!

@Edward - My pleasure.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers