Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Template width differs Chrome, IE, Firefox & Firefox localhost

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all,

www.lakelizards.info is the site and I am flat out stumped. After an update to both Zoo & ZGF the template width shrunk along with the font sizes in Firefox, BUT the sizes are larger in Google Chrome, IE 8 and Firefox viewing the same site on localhost. I have looked at everything I can think of to figure it out. Would one of you wonderful, JB gurus be kind enough to tell me/show me what the problem is?

Also, if you see why the menu red is not showing in IE, that would be great as well.

Thanks!!!!!
Betty
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Betty,

I see the same result in safari and firefox. Can you elaborate a bit more on the changes that you see.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony!
I saw the same thing one time today, but as soon as I clicked on anything (like the login) it went small. I meant to attach this yesterday and my brain fog licked in! Sorry 'bout that! It may be another jQuery hiccup. No idea!
B
Attachments:
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Perhaps it's related to the page in the first image.

Can you post the direct link to that page? I can't navigate there by entering the url directly.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
That image has been the death of me. Some browsers show it wonderfully! Not for me however! BUT when you sign in, it shows perfectly! (That is at least for me!) Some sneaking hunch says it is all around a jQuery, but I have no idea and not enough knowledge to figure it out.

Other than the first page the rest of the site is behind a Joomlal 1.6 ACL. What permissions do you need to see what the problem might be. You can have them!
But the direct link is: lakelizards.info.
B
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Anthony,

Now I am REALLY confused! On the desktop I just checked and Chrome is smaller than Firefox, just reversed. What can I say... I even found a snake curled up/down from the air condition vent today! (The one from the ceiling!) Not my day!
B
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Hi Betty,

I also cannot see any changes. Perhaps try running the problem pages through the html validator:

validator.w3.org/

It maybe that the problem only occurs if you are logged in.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers