Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Insert Piwik Code

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,
I want to track the visitors from a site and want to know, where I have to insert the Piwik code. Try do it in the index.php before the </body> tag, but it seems ist doesnt work.. Ca somebody tell me, Where is the correct location to use this ?

Christian Brandenburg
  • Christian Brandenburg
  • Free Extensions
  • 24 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Christian,

If your working with a current JB template, you can put your script into the template's 'Extra Script'. Go to Template Manager--> Your JB Template--> Extras--> Extra Scripts -OR- Analytics. The 'Extra Script' box will place your script into your template's <head> tag where Analytics will place your script into the <body> tag.

A lot of us use these two boxes when we are testing and coding scripts. It is a real gem and time saver!

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian Brandenburg
thx, I have insert the code, but params.ini was not writable, now its working...
  • Christian Brandenburg
  • Free Extensions
  • 24 posts
Hi Christian,

It's quite normal for Joomla to tell you that file is unwritable. In fact, I wish they would remove that message, it isn't any help to people.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Christian,

Glad to hear that you got it sorted out. In closing, I could not agree with Seth more regarding Joomla removing that message. He did however say it kinder then I do when I see it!

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers