Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

parameter.ini

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, I'm totally new to your templates, having a heck of a time just getting started... hoping it'll go better soon. I installed a version of the laguna template via the quick start as it's a fresh install. I can see all the elements to adjust in the laguna template via the admin in joomla, but when i go to zenframework to add logo etc, i got an initial error about the parameter.ini file being unwritable. there wasn't actually a parameter.ini file in there? i ended up uploading the same parameter.ini file found in the laguna template, and now it says it's writable, but there's no options... so am stumped? are all the changes done via the laguna template options? (i just found where the logo is) Is there something up with the zenframework that there's nothing there?
  • khadley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 255 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 12 years 10 months ago by khadley.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi there,

Welcome aboard!

The file is actually params.ini and I have just checked the quickstart and the template and that file is there.

Were you editing the zengridframework or the Lacuna template?

The Zen Grid framework actually doesn't have any parameters and it's the template that handles it all.

Here is a doc that handles the logo in our templates:
docs.joomlabamboo.com/item/562-zen-grid-2-logo-options

Let us know how you get on?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
thanks for that, the parameter.ini file actually wasn't in my quickstart install, i even unzipped it locally and looked, but it wasn't there. there was a paramater.ini file in the laguna folder, so as long as i only need to go there all's good.

I'm sure i've got tonnes of questions, as though your templates look interesting there's quite a learning curve, and not that straightforward documentation... so i apologize in advance for too many questions!

second question.. i want the whole thing a bit wider, so i put 1000 in the template layout, but it throws that little tabbed area off now? do i have to go adjust everything when i make one change? or is it a glitz? www.imaginationslive.com/lifetherapy/
  • khadley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 255 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Hi there,

That is normal. You only need params.ini in the template folder. It is also quite normal for Joomla to tell you it is unwritable.

The tabbed area looks fine to me, what is the issue exactly? It should not be affected by altering the template width.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
the file tabsoff.jpg shows you that tabbed area on my site, after i widened up the template to 1000 from the original 920 (can't remember exactly what it was). YOu can see the tabs now tuck under the image, not the side frame of the content... like in tabson.jpg, which is a frame grab from your demo. Also there are a set of small graphics that are suppose to be over to the left that are now in the tab themself.. see tabs3.jpg
Attachments:
  • khadley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 255 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 12 years 10 months ago by khadley. Reason: more info added
Just an FYI... to fix the params.ini is unwritable error, you can usually fix that with Akeeba Admin Tools:
www.akeebabackup.com/download/official/admintools/2-1-1.html

Just download it, install, then go to Components > Admin Tools and click on "Fix Permissions".
  • Atomic Design and Consulting
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 43 posts
  • 1 Thanks
I understand now. That is the left margin for the navigation, in the slideshow settings. Increase it from 720 to 735 and that should do it.

The normal setting for params.ini is 444, as a security measure. Which is why you get the unwritable message. It should nevertheless still be writable.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
that fixed where the tabs are placed, but not the the graphic error (see tabs3.jpg) image i sent... www.imaginationslive.com/lifetherapy/ is the live site

i did see a reply to the same questions www.joomlabamboo.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=605&id=49037&Itemid=163 here on the forum... but when i tried to do that fix, i lost the white tab area, was just left with the thumnail, odd little images and title.
  • khadley
  • 12 Month basic
  • 255 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Last Edit: 12 years 10 months ago by khadley. Reason: more info added

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers