Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Server 500 Error

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Guys

Fairly familiar with Joomla and JoomlaBamboo templates but this one has got me. I have been working with a client for a long time on a large Tienda Shop... he has an existing install of Grid2 on the Zen Grid Framework. I have been developing on a local Mamp Server - everything was going fine until a tweaked the location of the Logo and now I get a 500 error. I've undone all the changes i know about but can't get it to work again. If I change the template it works again. I have been trouble shooting for a day - disabling modules etc but can't see what is causing this. It must be something obvious that i missed.

I know it's next to impossible to diagnose problems on a local server but i guess my question is - before i resort to uploading to a temp location so you guys can see it - are there any known causes of 500 errors with the Grid2/ZenGrid - it MUST be something simple & obvious - I wasn't doing anything complicated when i broke it!!

J!1.5.23
have unistalled grid2 and reinstalled latest version (and latest version of ZenGrid)
Tienda 0.7.2

IN Firefox 4.x and 5.x i get a blank page
In Chrome i get a 500 error

The SIte admin works perfectly
If i switch template it works.
I have cleared all cache's

many thanks
iain
  • Iain Mace
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 60 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Iain,

When you say you tweaked the location of the logo what does that mean? And which page do you get the 500 error on?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
This was solved via ticket but for the benefit of everyone else - it was nothing to do with the template. I had a menu item that pointing to a tienda function that no longer existed. The reason it worked when i changed template was that that the offending module was published to a locaton that didn't exist in other templates. My bad - but thanks to Seth and Anthony for fixing my stupidity.
  • Iain Mace
  • 60 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Awesome - thanks for letting us know.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers