Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

ZGF - default template formatting problems & others

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi all!

I finally have enough of a site up so that I can ask for some assistance. Here are the details: Joomla 1.6, Zoo 2.4, ZGF customized default template. I have left the ACL in place in case that is adding to the problem. To see the ZOO page you will need to register. Here is the domain: lakelizards.info
The formatting problems are:
1. I cannot for the life of me to get the top slideshow moved to the right. I've tried float right, removing padding etc. to no luck. Can someone tell me what and where to change?
2. I just solved the second one, so yeah me!

Lastly, Ill freely admit it I'm no expert on jQuery or any other form of conflict with Joomla scripting. I think I have one (or more somewhere) as I am having the devil getting any slideshow except the one at the top working as well as some other stuff. Rating in cookbook section will not work for instance. If anyone sees where it might be or have some suggestions I would appreciate any assistance!

As usual, you guys are the best!
Thanks in advance!!!
Betty
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Betty,

Looks like you need to add the slideshow to header4 to move it over a little.

In terms of the script conflict which page is that happening on?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I've tried header 3 and 4. I moved it to 4 and have left it for you to see. I'd tried the JB slider for 16 to no avail, that's why I;m using the ARI here. As for the script conflict, check test off of the main menu (Joomla only article) versus lakelizards.info/lake-lizard-community/kitchen-table/item/slider-test-2. Anthony, I will change your permissions to see the admin if it will help.

Thanks, Betty
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Hi Betty,

I see the slider is now waaaaay over on the right. That is because the width of Header4 is only 140px, which is not nearly enough to accomodat ethe slider.

You just need to increase the number of columns assigned to header4 in the template settings, which will allow the slider to display properly.

:)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thanks Seth!

That is much better, I can live with it but would still love to get that right padding out. I'll play with it later today now that it is looking better.
Betty
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
As a quick and easy method you could try applying a negative right margin to the header4 position

I'd check it out in IE however quickly to see if it does something nasty

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks for the suggestion, Paul, but no go. right now it is far enough over that I can live with it. IE is doing weird things anyhow that I need to track down. I'd forgotten about that can of worms! B)
Betty
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
no worries :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Hey Anthony,

What I've done is to post a test blog off the front page. It has the same slideshow as blbogs further in the site but makes it easier to get at. The main menu link test is a plain old Joomla article with the slideshow that works. My sizes are off but the show works. The next link is a test blog using Zoo. There the slideshow does not work and the ratings this article does not work. I have alos posted this information on their forum, but their support is not Joomla Bamboo quality!!! :cheer:

Anything you guys can spot on this puts me that much closer cause I'm NO expert on those things and it looks like it can happen all to easy. Thanks again for all your hard work, beautiful templates and assistance!
Betty
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Update!
Thank goodness for JB and the JB Library plugin. The slideshows now work by doing the un-thinkable and reading a little and changing some settings there to prevent the double loading of jQuery!

You guys are the best! Thanks!
Betty
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Never mind!
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Last Edit: 12 years 11 months ago by babray. Reason: My goof!
Thanks for the update :)

Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers