Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

menu colour

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Guys

I would like to change menu hex colour BUT i do not want to change links in rest of site!

The menu links on top nav I would like in white and the page you are on should be BOLD.... then links in articles would be a diff colour.

Would it be best to change the links in custom area of font css and then change article links text colour in editor or is there a better way?

Cheers
  • Peter haken
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 324 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Pete,

You can find the menu link colours, and change them, in your templates hilite.css file.

You will find separate rules for menu link colours and general links.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Seth

I am not using a hilite, and do not want to edit framework incase off updates...?

or do I use a hilite blue for example and change all the #codes to suit in blue hilite
  • Peter haken
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 324 posts
Exactly.

Pick one, delete all the stuff you don't want to change, make your changes and then set that as your hilite.

Alternatively, you could add the code from there to theme.css.

Either way, you will find all the selectors for menu highlighting / link colours there.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
We wil have the ability to remove the unused hilites from the array in 1.2 of the framework. Seth's solution is the best at the moment or you can also go into the templateVariables.php file and remove the $hiliteCSS from the compression array and a line that looks like this:

$extra_themecss .="......$hiliteCSS";

The line that its on will depend on the template - give us a shout if you need help with it.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Cheers guys, yes customised another hilite now.

Your customer service is second to none as always
  • Peter haken
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 324 posts
B)

Thanks Pete
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers