Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Joomla 1.6 template errors

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi All,

First thanks for the new ZGF for 1.6! I am getting some errors however and have tried various configurations.

When installed on a local site already setup I get the following error: before anything at all loads on the front end: (ie: no page at all loads)
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDIF in C:\wamp\www\joombamboodata\templates\jbzendefault\html\com_content\featured\default_item.php on line 141

Thinking something was interfering I tried other new installations one with no sample data and one with the sample data. The fresh install with the sample data creates the same errors as above.

WITHOUT the data I get 2 separate errors:
1. Notice: Undefined variable: reveal in C:\wamp\www\joombamboo\templates\zengridframework\functions\elements\combineJS.php on line 28 (Changing etxras/performance javascript compressions to disabled will turn this error off.

2. This one I've not been able to get rid of: Notice: Undefined variable: extra_stylesheets in C:\wamp\www\joombamboo\templates\zengridframework\index.php on line 51
With these 2 the page does load unlike the one mentioned above.

Local system settings:
PHP Version 5.2.11
Joomla! Version Joomla! 1.6.2 Stable [ Onward ] 14-Apr-2011 23:00 GMT

Any ideas?
Thanks again,
Betty
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 1 week ago by babray. Reason: error message copied incorrrect
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Thanks for spotting them Betty. They are just some variables that were'y "zeroed" properly.

I've just released v1.1.1 which should fix that.

Thanks for spotting it.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
To quote you Aussies No Prob! Glad I could assist, sis think I was loosing my touch though! :)
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Anthony, we still have the first problem listed below. The patch did solve the blank data but when I add an article or use the template on a site with data I still get the following error and nothing shows except the message.Nothing loads.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENDIF in C:\wamp\www\joombamboo\templates\jbzendefault\html\com_content\featured\default_item.php on line 141

Sorry,
Betty
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Thanks Betty,

Duly noted. Will release an update for this today with a few more additions to boot.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seth
Jason,
Just wanted you to know please understand. I'm not complaining. Thanks for all you do.
B
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Not a problem Betty, your feedback (not seen as complaints) is valuable and greatly appreciated.

:)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Betty - Just released v1.1.1 of the Zen Default template which fixes the issue you spotted. bit.ly/e9ElHs

Thanks again.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks, Anthony, all around!

That got it. And an FYI, if it makes any difference. The 1.6 default download works fantastically but is labeled 1.5. :)
B
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Hi Betty,

Actually, I am not sure that Anthony has not placed the wrong file there, and that may in fact be the J1.5 version afterall. I will give him a prod as soon as he comes online and ask him to confirm. Thanks for the headsup!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thanks Seth,

and I just noticed that the hilites are not working on the default either. The chooser just shows none, but the css files are there.
B
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Sorry about that. Ive got a little app that creates all of the install packages and it was having issues with figuring out it was the new version for some reason.

Should be right now.

I've just tested also and it seems ok.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
No sweat... I'll try in the AM. I just appreciate all the hard work that you and the rest of your "mates" do for the rest of us!
Thank you, Anthony!
B
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Hi Betty,

I see that Anthony has updated the download package, available in the usual place :)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Just letting you know I have updated the framework and the default template again.

Details here: bit.ly/e9ElHs

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Sorry for the delay in answering but had to switch focus for a day or so. Yeah, the hilites work now! I am having one other problem though that took me aa while to set my head on straight to see where it was coming from... the ZGF css files editor.css and template_css.css font-family styling of Georgia are overriding my chosen fonts. I finally tracked it down after blaming several other things. As a matter of fact, those are overriding ALL my chosen fonts. B)

B
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Hey there,

Seems ok to me. Are you using the latest version of the framework?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Actually yes I can see this too. If you disable css compression it will fix it until I get a fix for this later today.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
No sweat, Anthony! Sorry I keep finding things! :blush: I'd "blamed" it on all sorts of things and finally reinstalled without anything but the template and 1 article. Being late evening here, I'll check tomorrow.
B
  • babray
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 39 posts
Hi Betty

No worries about finding new things :)
Feedback and pointers is always much appreciated.

Thanks
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers