Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Grid Framework Joomla 1.6 Beta

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi folks,

For those of you who are courageous enough we have got a working beta of Joomla 1.6 version of the Zen Grid Framework and the Zen Default template.

Getting it to this stage took a lot longer than anticipated but its certainly more stable than it would have been a month ago.

You can find the downloads available on this page here:
www.joomlabamboo.com/downloads/zen-grid-framework-downloads

1. Zen Grid Framework
2. Zen Default Template
3. Zen Default quickstart which contains the Zen Default Template but a slightly old version of the framework so please install a new version of the framework once you have the quickstart setup.

If you get a chance to play with this feel free to leave us some comments on what you find. There are some known styling issues in the admin but the front end performance seems to be reasonably solid.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Last Edit: 13 years 4 weeks ago by Anthony Olsen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
You must have been reading my mind! So far so good. I noticed that there are no layout overrides. Are these on the way, or does the override options change with J1.6?

Dean
  • dalbano
  • 12 Month basic
  • 26 posts
Hey Dean,

The Zen Default theme actually doesnt have any overrides so thats probably whats happening. You can find the override templates in the templates/zengridframework/assets/layout

Thanks for looking.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I looked there, but the folder looks different than some of the previous versions of ZenGrid. I seem to be missing most of the overrides, such as top, bottom, menu, etc.. Is the ZG 1.1.x version that much different that 1.0.x?

Dean
  • dalbano
  • 12 Month basic
  • 26 posts
v1,1 is different but that didnt really change.

Ive just double checked and they are all there in the quickstart - is that what you used?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Ah, I see what I did wrong. I was looking in the wrong spot.

I did notice an issue within the template admin page, but I'll create a new topic for it.

Thanks Anthony,

Dean
  • dalbano
  • 12 Month basic
  • 26 posts
Or, maybe not, seeing that this is the j1.6 ZG topic already!

Anyhow, again, this issue is a non-starter. the areas I was trying to use are disabled as the modules are set to equal widths. Sorry for being a bit brain dead today, its been a long week!

Dean
  • dalbano
  • 12 Month basic
  • 26 posts
Hey there!

Cool - just installed the framework and default template at my 1.6 test site.

Don't know if those are some of the known issues, but I guess the language folder is missing, so it is quite hard to guess some of the options in backend. Also, I find that if I try to change the font settings (logo or general) they always revert to the default value.

Anyway, I am looking foward to the final 1.6 version and -as always- thank you for your great work!

Sascha
  • Sascha
  • Free Extensions
  • 56 posts
  • 1 Thanks
Thanks Sascha,

Thanks for your words.

Yes the language issue is a known one but I dont think the font size one was.

Ill add it tot he list.

Thanks for checking it out :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers