Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

I installed Zen Grid, the latest 1.16??? now my entire CSS/aka template is gone, everything is pink

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm not sure where to look, but I looked at the template I'm using WHICH WAS ALMOST PERFECT, and it says 1.16 is installed, how the heck do I bring back my beautiful pages. All it wants to show me is the logins that are supposed to be showing only on the hidden panel menu. I'm kind of sick

I'll attach a horrible screenshot. ONly one module is working on ONE page. This doesn't show it. The attachment thing doesn't seem to work either.
Attachments:
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Sorry for the long "topic" I just went back and reinstalled the older version and things look OK now. Why?
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Hard to say what happened there without seeing the live site. The latest framework version is 1.1.8 - perhaps give that s hot and if it happens again let us know and we can take a look.

Which version of the framework had you updated from?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Went back to 1.0.5.3 which was what I was using and everything seems fine...or as fine as it was. I'll back up again before I try the newer one. After I straighten out a few more things, Such as my support ticket I just sent in.
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Ok that explains it then - you need to check the changelog for your template based on the upgrade from v1.0 to v1.1 zgf templates.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Yikes. I guess I was behind the times. So now I have the current version of the jbgrid2 template and the new version of zen grid. Things are looking pretty much the way they were. Still have some weirdnesses, but it's nice to be updated correctly.

One thing I did notice was that the font that used to be plain jane for some of the links around the edges is not the fancy font and too small for the human eye and I know I'm going to have to change that. I'll muddle along.

www.joomlabamboo.com/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/emoticons/blush.png
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Yep looks like the defaults weren't set properly. But if you replace the new params.ini file with the backup copy as suggested int he changelog it should revert to your previous settings.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Yes, I did replace the params.ini file with my backed up one. That helped with most things but not the tiny fonts at the bottom, but I'm over it now. I've been fiddling with the fonts and sizes and I can live with it. Quite fun.

I see the default (?) font size in the parameters for the grid2 template is 78%. Can that be changed to em's? I have changed it to 86% which i like better, at least on most of the pages I've checked.

Thank you for all your answers.
  • palominojones
  • 3 Month Basic
  • 265 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The font size is already in ems, with the % reflecting the percentage of the default font size.

Most browsers default to a font-size of 16px, unless it is explicitly set to be otherwise. So, 86% gives a value of around 14px which will then be used as the site default. From that value, all other font-size values (such as h1, h2, h3, etc.) are then calculated using em.

At least that is my understanding of whats happening. Not a great description I know, I am sure Anthony could explain it more succinctly!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers