Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Dropline menu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi guys,

I noticed you had a dropline suckerfish menu in one of your older templates. How would one go about configuring the menu in the Zen Grid framework to work as a dropline? I'm not big on dropdown menus in general, but I'm working on a client project which is going to be best handled with a dropline. No site for it yet as it is still in the sketch phase.

Dean
  • dalbano
  • 12 Month basic
  • 26 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Dean,

This is on the todo list but wont be implemented for a while.

You could take a look at the superfish page:

users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/

and make some edits front here perhaps to the css. The javascript is mostly the same.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thanks Anthony. Looks like I have to include the superfish-navbar.css file to the theme, or would you suggest sticking it into the framework?
  • dalbano
  • 12 Month basic
  • 26 posts
Your best option probably is to just place the code from that file at the bottom of theme.css.

If you are using v1.1 of the framework you could also just rename that file to custom.css, place it in the templates css folder, and then it should get picked up and loaded by the framework.

Cheers,

Seth
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

you said: "This (the dropline) is on the todo list but wont be implemented for a while."

Could you please specify this? Until when do you want to implement in this in the Zen Grid framework? Is there a schedule?

Many thanks for your answer in advance!

Jens
  • jeli1979
  • 12 Month basic
  • 7 posts
Anthony would need to confirm this, but as far as I am aware current development efforts are concentrated on porting the framework over to J1.6 and then making templates compatible.

New features will most likely all be on the back burner until those tasks are completed.

Did you try integrating the css yourself? It should be fairly simple.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers