Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Adding a module position

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Scott,

The reason it wasnt showing was that the setting for the show the main content area was set to hide in the template admin. Once I disabled it the feedback module showed.

Ive just enabled it in the grid1 position for you which displays the same as the feedback module. Reading back through the thread I think Ive missed what the original issue with the display was.

As far as this goes:
There seem to be a number of people having problems using the feedback module because the CSS styles from their template are conflicting with it. One possible solution is to add another module position to you template just for the feedback module. Add it just after the <body> tag so that there will not be many styles cascading onto it. If you’re not sure how to do this, just open the index.php file in your template folder and add the following line after the <body> tag:

Thats actually not true - css will target an html element wherever it is on the page. The css cascades within the css style sheet itself eg rules further down the page have more precedence above or they cascade according to the html selectors you use. ie targetting specific html selectors results in more specific styling.

Ill disable the module now as I imagine its not displaying the way you want and will wait for more explanation of what the error is.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Simon Tayler

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers