Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

showcase.joomlabamboo.com/Zengrid

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

i am at the point where i am trying to understand Zen Framework. i have version 1.0.5.3 and i am using it with Grid2. i have referenced the above 'tutorial' and as part of the 'Main Content Width' discussion, specification of the actual width is possible. when i look at my 'template/layout/main' i can select 3 cols, 4 cols etc, but cannot specify the widths. am i missing something?
  • ava06
  • Previous Member
  • 30 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Dennis,

Grid2 only has the left or main content column available so we removed those settings.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
slightly different topic, but equally puzzling: is there a master command [or line of coding] that will eliminate ALL gradients and shadows?
  • ava06
  • Previous Member
  • 30 posts
No thats controlled in the css but it depends on the template you are using. You could probably null one of the hilite files but that will remove all colour as well. Which theme are you using?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
i am using Grid2, v 1.0.7.b knowing my level of frustration with trying to edit css , i don't relish going thru the entire script looking for lines containing gradient/shadow/white-line-that-should-not-be-there-that-i-cannot-get-rid-of. that is why i was hoping for a magic pill, if you will. for the one omnipresent white line, i have looked under template/preview that identifies what is showing up in which grid component and it seems to hover someplace between breadcrumbs and something above it. i cannot get rid of it. grrr... if you have a sec, i would appreciate you taking a look and giving me a hint.

BTW, i have downloaded ZenGrid Framework, but have noticed that there is also ZenGrid Blank and ZenGrid Default. should i have downloaded them as well?

thanks,
Dennis
dastjohn.com
  • ava06
  • Previous Member
  • 30 posts
Hi Dennis,

Grid is a reasonably complex design and we didnt really code it so you could just remove all the design elements from it by removing or changing one line - so yes you will have to get your hands dirty if you want to use that as your base.

I would use Zen Default perhaps if you really want to start from scratch.

You only need the zengridframework core files for any of the zen grid compatible templates. So thats:

zgf + zen Default or
zgf + grid2 etc.

Hoep that helps.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers