Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

lost setting in layout after upgrade zen grid

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I have upgraded the zen grid framework to version 1.0.5.3. After this upgrade my front page was empty of any content.
So after some searching I got it: I would have to change a setting in the general layout settings of the zen default template I use (version 1.0.5).

I find no such setting at the relevant page however: it effectively disappeared!
(I checked with the zen blank template (also version 1.0.5) that sits in the site also: exactly the same.
With a zen shopfront (version 1.0) and an avanti template (version 1.0.2) the setting is there in all its glory!

Any advice on what to do?
(And if the advice is to re-install the zendefault template: how not to lose all the customizing I have already done with it?)

Best regards,

Paul
  • Paul Kleingeld
  • 12 Month basic
  • 88 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Paul,

Sounds strang> I just checked the templateDetails.xml of the copy I have here and the code is there. At any rat please add the following to line 267 or just after the gutter parameter:
<param name="controlMainArea" type="list" default="No" label="Hide main content / component area on the frontpage?" description="Set this to yes if you want to prevent the main content / component space from displaying on the front page. This setting will not affect the sub pages ie pages that are not on the default menu item. ">
			<option value="1">Yes</option>
			<option value="0">No</option>
		</param>

That will reinstate it for you.

Can you tell me what version of the template you are using?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony,

I pasted the text you gave in at the right place, and now it works again.

I am not sure how this happened. As I wrote in my first e-mail, I upgraded the zen grid framework to version 1.0.5.3 after which I found the frontpage empty.

The version of zen default is 1.0.5; idem the version of zen blanc which also lacks this paragraph.

I started this project way back in januari, with the previous version of the grid template; so is it possible that in the conversion to zen grid frameworks this slipped through?

Anyway: solved for me for now.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Paul
  • Paul Kleingeld
  • 12 Month basic
  • 88 posts
Thanks Paul :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers