Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Suggestions on customization

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I am working on trying my first custom site and need a side menu layout similar to inside out that I could style, but with a large slideshow similar to ecolift (slideshow will be to the right of the side menu) and with rasa header layout. Any suggestions on the most efficient (i.e., quickest) way to accomplish this would be a tremendous help. This is why I reupped my subscript last a few weeks ago. Help
camdenhomepage.png
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
You are trying to create a template to match that mockup? Personally, I would start with the Zen Blank template for the ZGF and then borrow any styling needed from Rasa.

Really, you just need some images to style the menu items with and a 'frame' for the slideshow and header area to recreate the mockup you have there.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thanks for replying Seth. So what sections of the other templates would I copy over to ZGF? For example if I wanted the menu layout and hover functions of inside out what files would I bring over and place them where? Dealing with virus and other computer issues today, maybe that's why I'm not thinking straight. Bear with me. Jason
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
The main menu layout in Rasa is just 2 images and some css. That's it.

You don't need to copy anything across, I was just saying that if you want to replicate a particular element that is an easy way to do it.

Much of the fucntionality (superfish, panel menu, etc) is built into the framework.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Gothcha. Starting to get my wits about me again. Thanks for reminding me. Haven't messed with joomla in a while.
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
Hehe no probs - good luck with the hacking :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony I'm still running into some issues with the some of the custom php written for certain features that I want to use for this site. Could I skype you to see what you or one of the other moderators would charge for giving me some pointers and a quick tut on how to undertake some ideas I have in mind tonight? I'll like to get something online tonight for the client. Thanks again Jason
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 5 months ago by jjohnston.
Hey JJ,

Sorry I cant really help with this in that capacity - trying to get the next theme out so my time is completely consumed.

Perhaps we could help you with the php here?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers