Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Logo too long to load

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

As you can see there (site en construction) :

www.herverabot.fr

it seems there is a too long loading time of the logo image on each page access.

However, the image "hervé rabot" is not very heavy : only 52,1 Kb, even if the original "Zen Grid" logo weighs less than 3 Kb.

I checked that when using the latter, there is no problem at all, of course.

So, what am I supposed to do ?

Find a way to reduce the weight of my customer logo ? Or, a question of cache or something like that ?

I don't think there is a peculiar problem with the server, because it's the first time I enconter the case with the same supplier.

Thanks for your help,

Guy
  • Guy Chiaramella
  • 12 Month basic
  • 68 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Guy,

Based on your specific site the best way to reduce the overhead of your logo is to make it a standard .JPG (attached). Since your site is using a base background color (#F5FFFA), having your logo as a transparent .PNG will make this one file larger (file size) then it really needs to be. By creating a .JPG and using your base background color (#F5FFFA) you'll reduce this file substantially. Look over my attached image and compare it to your .PNG for quality and see if it is something that you would want to use.

Ed
logoCopy.jpg
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Thank you Ed,

I've used the jpg logo you kindly send to me and it fits perfectly well : it has fast loading and doesn't blink like the png one :)

And thank you for your keen observation of the problem and your explanations too.

Regards,

Guy
  • Guy Chiaramella
  • 12 Month basic
  • 68 posts
Guy,

Your most welcomed... Please let us know how else we can assist moving forward.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers