Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Grid Framework Issue

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi, have submitted ticket for this but it's as yet unassigned and pretty urgent, maybe someone on the forum can help me.

I'm working on two sites for my client (drstef.co.za and hypnosis4change.co.za) they have identical hosting etc. and displaying exactly the same problem when I try and install inside out and zen grid 2. They need the zen framework to work which I've installed by unzipping and then ftp'ing into the template directory with the relevant templates.

The Error I'm getting is the standard "The template you are attempting to use requires the Zen Grid2 Framework.
Please refer to the Zen Grid2 framework documentation for more information."

I've checked these things to the best of my ability - although I can't guarantee I understand them completely:
the php version is 5.2
the permissions are all writable according to Joomla
the hosting is LAMP

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Brad
  • stefsa
  • 6 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Brad,

In theory what you did should have allowed Insideout to show. At least it did on my tests based on your post description. Couple of things to check, 1) Did you upload the ZenGrid framework and not the stand-alone ZenGrid template. The current download to the ZenGrid Framework can be found in the Insideout template download area. 2) Did you FTP the files to the proper new folder? The folder that the ZenGrid Framework resides in is called, 'zengridframework'. 3) Lastly, if these steps are checked to be OK, then delete your 'zengridframework' folder and install the ZIP package as a new Joomla template installation. Let us know how you made out with these options.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
Thanks Ed, will follow your suggestions.
  • stefsa
  • 6 Month Basic
  • 2 posts
Hi Brad,

I think this is actually to do with the way the docroot is set on your hosts webserver. I know it is possible to fix this by hardcoding the docroot in the template files, but I need to test this as I am not sure of the proper syntax to use (I am not a coder :( ).

Please give me 24hours to get a fix for this tested and then over to you. Thanks for your continuing patience.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers