Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Google , Yahoo Anayltics code

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi Guys

This option allows you to add code for your google anayltics directly into your template. The code is placed at the very bottom of the template (before the closing body tag) and so can also be used for placing other javascript into your template.

I have inserted this

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="upIs4zUN8YWMz8_hax-bEUWumC2_uItcLeR-l9FnZkI" />
<meta name="y_key" content="16108989662f3bb8" />
<META name="y_key" content="d73cbc5bdc47574f" />

But W3C markup does not like it, I presume I have done this wrong

Any ideas, regards pete
  • Peter haken
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 324 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Peter,

You just need to insert the entire code snippet Google gives you. What you posted is just a fragment of that.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
not sure I understand?

To verify a site with google webmaster this is the code I get

<meta name="google-site-verification" content="upIs4zUN8YWMz8_hax-bEUWumC2_uItcLeR-l9FnZkI" />

(Please see image showing what text to use to add meta name verify for google webmaster tools, though from a different domain)

and this for yahoo directory

<META name="y_key" content="d73cbc5bdc47574f" />

Also does this go in HTML of the ZEN GRID FRAMEWORK or ZEN DEFAULT??
Attachments:
  • Peter haken
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 324 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Peter haken.
Ah, sorry Peter.

I should have read the code and seen that was the verification key, not the analytics code.

Actually, the simplest method is to choose the html verification method. Use notepad to create a blank file and name it with the name google gives you. Then just FTP that file to the root of your site.

That will enable you to get the analytics script that you can then insert in the template parameters.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers