Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Howto img at #top1 position ?

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm using the Zen blank template, for a new porting project, how do you publish a graphic or image to a module position without using some type of plugin? for example, I want to publish a graphic to the top1 position.

confused about this, do I try to do it in theme.css or in the template_css.css
  • tornado
  • 12 Month basic
  • 139 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey there,

Just use a custom html module. Thats the best way I think there is to insert text or images that arent linked to your content.

Have a good weekend,

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Anthony,

Thans for the quick answer and it does work, however I need it at the very top... like in .logoRow or .topRow, actually I need to put two of them there, so I'm trying to figure that out. Guess I ask the wrong question, sorry
  • tornado
  • 12 Month basic
  • 139 posts
Hi Tornado,

The top1 - top4 module positions should be fine for this, they are in .toprow.

If they are not close enough to the top of the window, you could just remove some space from the very top of the template to push things further up. Removing padding from the toprow is probably the best way to do this.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Seth,

Thanks again, I'm using the default zen template as you suggested, the only way I have been to do what I want with my limited knowledge is to make the following changes:

template_css.css

//#logo a img {position: relative;}
#logo a img {position: absolute; left: 0; top: 42px}

theme.css
//.logoRow {}
//.logoRow .containerBG {}

.logoRow {background: url(../../images/top-header-bg.png)top center;z-index: 1px}
.logoRow .containerBG {height:100px}

I just want to make sure I'm doing it the preferred or correct way
  • tornado
  • 12 Month basic
  • 139 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by tornado.
It is hard to say what the 'best' method would be, especially without knowing about the image you are trying to use.

Generally though, If it looks good and achieves what you want, then it is good. ;)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers