Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Microblog pop up window conflict with top menu

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have noticed , thanks to people testing my site, that the pop-up windows that I have implemented to show news items with the microblog module, do not sit on top of the main menu running across the top of my site.

This is not a problem if you have a largish screen as the small window practically always sits unedr that area, but for those with smaller laptops, the window overlaps the menu items and these are obviously set to be always on top.
The result is the texts get mixed up.
I have also noticed that when viewing a long page of text , the window will fly to the center of that page as a whole, sometimes flying off screen below! scrolling down puts it right.

To see my problem please visit
www.limprimerie.ch/edg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=164&Itemid=233&lang=fr

then click on any article to open window. Then reduce your browser window until the window goes over the menu.

Is there a css line somewhere to change the z value of the menu or is it unwise to change that?

thanks

Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Sean,

Yeah, you can just drop the z-value down a bit, it is currently set at 99 in template.css. Best bet is to set it in theme.css (line 105), like this:

.moduletable-superfish ul li, #nav ul li {z-index: 90}

Let us know if that fixes it for you. Thanks.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thanks Seth,

I dropped the z value to 80 (it was set at 100 in the template css) and it is now looking much better.

Sean
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
No problem Sean.

Yeah, I did a quick test and found 90 was the cut-off point. 91 and it shows through again.

80 is also good though of course!
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
good to know and have a scale of things...
  • Sean
  • 12 Month basic
  • 207 posts
  • 1 Thanks
If it works, it's all good.

;)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers