Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

What's the best way with Grid for sub layout

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I'm still trying to learn my way through the Grid Framework. So far I like it, but have yet to really grasp it all.

Can someone tell me what the best approach would be to accomplish a custom sub layout for a grid row.

For example:
historic25.com

I'd like to tighten up Grid 1-4 below the menu.

Black background, 0px margins. - right now there's a bit to much air.

as always, there's a few ways to skin a cat, what's the best way to do this with grid.

also, any other suggestions on this site would be great. I've been rushing it out and would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks
  • B Smith
  • 12 Month basic
  • 397 posts
  • 2 Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.
You just need to override the general margins / padding set for containerBG. Something like this:

.grid1Row .containerBG {margin: 0; background: #000}

Just add it to theme.css
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Thanks Seth,

I think I got it.

I decided to just put a custom overrides section at the bottom of theme.css because it seemed that there were some instances where the selector was getting set multiple times in the css.

Putting my overrides at the bottom seemed like the only solution.

Thanks again.
B
  • B Smith
  • 12 Month basic
  • 397 posts
  • 2 Thanks
Yes, that is what I do:

/* Random overrides I made */

Right at the bottom. ;)
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Like the site and the different modules - given me some ideas and I've bookmarked the site.

Things I notice is on my pc the font is a bit wonky in Chrome, one the h3 headers is a bit short and the iframes have vertical & horizontal scrollbars but apart from those picky bits - I really like it

Good luck with it
Cheers
Paul
  • manh
  • 45248 posts
  • 2106 Thanks
Thanks Paul,

yes, there's some issues with the iframes. I'm forced to link to the old legacy system.

i need them to make me a more scalable template in their system, to fill the iframe.

if I had my way I'd eliminate the ectown part of the site all together but there's some legacy issues with that.

I certainly need to do more browser testing but more important I had to get it live. My host lost close to 100 sites recently and many of them not recently backed up offsite. Tragic loss but many sites coming back much better.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • B Smith
  • 12 Month basic
  • 397 posts
  • 2 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers