Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

install package

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there - I've ran into this error multiple times before but am totally drawing a blank how I solved it in the past.

When trying to install your free maps extension I receive a
JFTP:store Bad Response. Warning! Failed to Move File. - Unable to Find Install Package
error.

any suggestions?
thanks
melissa
  • Melissa Dobernigg
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 53 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
I have had this problem on my system before and it was a permissions issue, make sure you have the permissions needed to copy/move or open the file, maybe its current location "Dir" or "FIle" , before you point the installer to it.
  • tornado
  • 12 Month basic
  • 139 posts
Agreed. This is almost certainly a permissions issue. Joomla cannot copy the file to its temporary pre-install location.

You need to check that you have 755 permissions on folders 644 on files.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Hi there - I've tried changing the permissions to 777 on the administrator folder (and all contents) as well as the modules, components folders and files, also configuration.php and tmp folder.

still no luck. Which folders/files do I specifically need to change for the JB Maps extension?

I've reset the permissions to be more secure now.
  • Melissa Dobernigg
  • 53 posts
Can you install any other extensions?
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
As an example, I usually store some pics in a folder located at /data/pics but that folder is owned by root, so the Joomla system that exists in /var/www/joomla and the owner:group is www-data:www-data, cannot install files from that location.

You have to check both permissions and owner:group, unless you actually copy them into your joomla directory, and then still if you copy them as root or another user, joomla still will not have acess to them, because they are owned by another user:group

Can you explain a little better, so we can help you ? give us the location, permissions, owner:group of where they are and the same for where you will be coping them to... hope thats not to much to ask
  • tornado
  • 12 Month basic
  • 139 posts
Also are the paths correct to the tmp and log folders in the configuration.php file?

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony - sorry to drop the ball on this for a few days, I do appreciate how quickly you and your team get back to me.

Anyways, my host, whom I am quite loyal to, insists that the following paths are sufficient:
var $log_path = '/home/sites/www.danaclay.com/web/logs';
var $tmp_path = '/home/sites/www.danaclay.com/web/tmp';
var $live_site = 'www.danaclay.com';

they are loathe to provide me with the absolute path seeing as they say if the site ever changes servers then it would apparently cause mayhem....

I remember discussing this briefly with you (anthony) for a different site, (same host) awhile back. They resolved the issue on that one, but perhaps I should ask if the software has been upgraded on this one, which seemed to resolve the issue for everyone last time.

I'll also try installing another extension and see if it works.

thanks
melissa
  • Melissa Dobernigg
  • 53 posts
Yeah I think thats kind of odd really. I do recall now about that. Bets to take it up with them I think.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers