Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Grid framework "Google Fonts" (SOLVED)

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I have looked but could not find an answer, when zen grid framework was updtaed/upgraded 1.0.5 , you added support for google font replacement, I have looked in admin/templates, etc...but am unable to find where I might change this, say for a menu item. Could you provide a very simple method of using google font replacement ? I'm currently using both Grid2 and Newstream templates

Please cancel the request, I have found information regarding this.

The way I had to do this, is probably not how you would recommend, so any advice is welcome.
First I had to pull in the fonts, I did this by adding:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Tangerine">

right after <head> in templates/zengridframework/index.pgp

then I added the font to the text in my main menu:

/templates/jb_grid2/css/theme.css

#leftCol ul li a,#leftCol ul li span.separator{font-family: 'Tangerine', serif;font-size:40px}

Regards
  • tornado
  • 12 Month basic
  • 139 posts
Last Edit: 13 years 8 months ago by tornado.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
B) Thanks for letting us know.
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Updated to show my solution, see top post
  • tornado
  • 12 Month basic
  • 139 posts
oh.

You can just select a Google font from the active template settings, Grid2 ir Newstream:

template > Apearance > Fonts

The Google fonts appear in the drop-down font lists.

Your method works too of course, you just have to be careful it is not wiped out by an upgrade of zengridframework.

FYI, you can also put any script into the head of your template using the 'Scripts and Extras' options in the active template backend. No need to use index.php
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks
Seth,
Yes, I found this before looking for another method to add more fonts, since I didn't see it pointed out or in the forum ...I mean no specific information on this that I could find..., I will try the Scripts and Extras also, just like to see if it works for me.

Yes Seth, just adding the

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Tangerine">

to scripts and extras works just as well if not better

Thanks..
  • tornado
  • 12 Month basic
  • 139 posts
B) Glad to hear it!

The best reason to do it this way is that you can then easily update the ZGF or the template itself, without trashing your customisations.

Cheers
  • Seth
  • 8358 posts
  • 225 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers