Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zoo 2.0 & Zen Grid Framework

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

I wanted to use one of the new templates Grid2 but was also using Yootheme's Zoo 2.0 & when I installed it & went back to working with the Zoo component, I got an error that the template.css could not be found. This happened while saving changes from the admin side.

Can you tell me what could possibly be causing this & how to fix it?

I was working on a client site & had to choose another template.

Thanks

Lisa
  • lchestnut
  • Free Extensions
  • 52 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hi Lisa sounds like the editor warning that it cant find the editor css file.

Im doing a repack for this today which will fix this issue.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thank you.
  • lchestnut
  • Free Extensions
  • 52 posts
Just updated to v1.0.6.a which will remove that error in Grid2 in the admin.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Thank you.

Lisa
  • lchestnut
  • Free Extensions
  • 52 posts
No probs Lisa :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hello Everyone,
I've been wanting to post something about Zoo here, so I'm glad that Lisa already did it!

The whole CCK question is interesting to me, and Zoo seems to offer a lot of great options. I'd really like to hear what people think of Zoo in general, and if they like how it compares to other CCKs (like K2, Flexicontent, and others).

The other thing I'm wondering about is how CCKs in general will be affected by Joomla 1.6. Will Joomla 1.6 reduce the need for a CCK? Isn't it supposed to have more content controls built in the core?

Thanks,
Matthew

PS: Feel free to use this post to start a new discussion if Lisa feels it is off topic.
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks
I am with you Matthew, I would like to know the same since I am starting to use Zoo more for my clients. I dont want to develop many sites with a CCK and 1.6 knocks them out of the box.

I like Zoo 2.0 it is much simpler to use than 1.0 with many options. I understand it more than K2 & can teach my clients to use it as well. K2 has so many options it confuses me. I try to make sure that once a site is developed my clients can maintain it, so simple is better for me.

I would like to know if more developers will embrace Zoo like they have K2. I think they do more for K2 since it is free and Zoo Apps are not. Everyone is talking up K2 but Zoo 2.0 is very nice. The Zoo component is FREE.

Lisa
  • lchestnut
  • Free Extensions
  • 52 posts
Thanks folks.

I certainly need to set aside some time to look at Zoo - I also like Flexicontent and have some ideas for implementing themes using Flexi.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I am also looking at Zoo, I do like flexicontent, but have run into some problems with it and mutiple languages, this is probably just lack of experiance, I look forward to any templates with it in mind. I would be nice though if I could find one that just did everything I need and more, spending time on two or three just is not productive. K2 is pretty nice, a ton of options, just takes a little time to get used to it and remebering not to mix the joomla content and k2 content
  • tornado
  • 12 Month basic
  • 139 posts
Hello,
I like YooTheme in general. Their themes are sometimes a little overdone (I like the minimal style of Joomlabamboo much more). But their extensions are very useful to me.
Matthew
  • matthewschenker
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 311 posts
  • 1 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers