Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Zen Grid Compatible templates - Documentation

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi there

I have just started looking at JoomlaBamboo, and i am quiet impressed with the Zen Grid Framework.

What first came to mind was: "Hey - Wouldn't it be great to use that framework for my own template development (which is nothing like your stuff, but provides me with great pleasure :) ) -

So i started looking for specs for building Zen Grid Compatible templates, but i am having a hard time finding it - Now I wonder: Does it exist - an if so: where to find it?

/Jan Nielsen AkA AnIslander
  • AnIslander
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 9 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Jan,

Thanks alot :)

Its certainly something we have on our todo list but wont get to it for a week or so Id say.

The best thing might be to check out the Zen Default template and start to use that as a base.

It should give you some ideas in regards to how the css works. Its due for an update and will get one in a day or so when we roll out v1.0.5 of the framework which has a few improvements.

I assume you read these articles on the framework:
www.joomlabamboo.com/documentation/zen-grid-framework-child-theme-installation

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony

That was a damned quick reply . I'm even more impressed :)

I take It that by "The Zen default template" you mean the original Zen Grid template as of November last year ?

And hey: Olsen is a Danish familyname - You got Danish ancestors or? (I know: This is no place for small talk - but you know - being a Viking myself and all..)

/Jan
  • AnIslander
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 9 posts
Hey Jan,

No probs with small talk here.

Ive got Norwegian ancestry as far as I know but its a little murky so could be Danish. I think the original spelling was more Norwegian than Danish anyway.

Actually I mean the Zen Default template - you can get it from here:

www.joomlabamboo.com/downloads/template-downloads by clicking on the zgf framework image.

Cheers Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi Anthony

Thanks a lot - i missed that one - I've got the Framework from the Grid-2 quickstart, so i didn't stumple upon the ekstra downloads in the framework.

Olsen in Norwegian is Olsen - and anyway Norway was Danish at one point in time - We where newer great at Empire building..

I'm realy looking forward to working with your stuff.

/Jan
  • AnIslander
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 9 posts
Hehe - thanks Jan.

I went to school with a Dane called Jan :) but I guess thats probably pretty popular as a name choice.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Well - only if you're very near my age - it had it's peak in the early 1950's...oh boy - getting old if one counts years:-).

/Jan
  • AnIslander
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 9 posts
Well Im in my mid 30's so maybe his folks were being retro :)
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Retro has always been so IN :-)

It's sort of getting late on my longitudes, so i'm of to bed - guess you just started working; my phone tells me it's nine-ich where you are.

Nice chatting - "see" you later. (im available on twitter as well - @AnIslander)

/Jan
  • AnIslander
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 9 posts
Hehe very true :) Following you now :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers