Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Incorporating Flash Banner

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi,

I am using Zen Avanti, zen grid framework template.

I have to incorporate a flash gallery which reads on Xml and also needs to look for a javascript file. There is no alternative gallery and i have to use this flash gallery.

tried incorporating using a Flash Module from joomla however, the flash does not read the xml. Only the background appears.

Ive tried switching of JCE editor and using no editor and manually inputing the code... <object>...
However it does not turn up right still.

I tried using Joomlaworks ALlvideos plugin but apparently when i put in the snipet {swf}... {/swf} it does not turn up at all.. and all i see is the snipet code on the frontend.

Is there a way to add this flash file in using a module under the banner position for example?

Thank for your assistance.
  • Rajesh
  • Previous Member
  • 4 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Rajesh,

The custom module will have render most plugins so you might need to engineer your own module or alter an existing one.
There might actually be a simpler solution so let me know how it uses the xml.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Oh okay hmm how it uses xml? it just reads off the xml for the location relative...

Im not so good with this..
What do u need to know?

It could be a possibility of it just getting the wrong address for the photos...

u need to see the site?
  • Rajesh
  • Previous Member
  • 4 posts
Maybe let us know which flash gallery you are using. That might be useful. Don't really need to see the site on this occasion.
Thanks Rajesh.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
with flash / xml, i have found using relative vs absolute urls makes a difference - if one isn't working, try the other.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
blueshift,

This is so true if your are using a flash / xml application that is not native to Joomla. Any non-native Joomla app that is making URL calls has no clue where it's located within the Joomla folder structure until you tell it manually...

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
I use Smart Flash Header - it's built for Joomla - in a JB template. And I had to go counter to the instructions (relative v absolute urls) to make it work.
  • blueshift
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2579 posts
  • 78 Thanks
Thanks guys for all the suggestions. I havent tried yet. will be doing so soon...

I think it should not be a problem. Will keep you all updated
  • Rajesh
  • Previous Member
  • 4 posts
Sure thing - be sure to let us know how you get on.

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hi there,

it works now but i got desperate, so i directed the flash to read the XML from the exact address.... and there was anther setting i overlooked from the XML which also had a parameter asking which folder the files were in...

So yea.. its my fault!

Had to re re re re check a few times before finally getting it right!

I also used the mod_flash module and just assigned it to the banner position to avoid hacking the template...

Phew!

can take alook here.. www.mactus.com/index.php
  • Rajesh
  • Previous Member
  • 4 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers