Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

shopfront menu question

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi folks,
I hope I am adding a new thread to the correct forum. I didn't see a place just for shopfront.

First, I want to say that I am way excited about the shopfront template. I had decided to use Grid and then realized, after the fact, that it didn't work with the shopping cart I bought. I did, in fact, need an ecommerce template. Right then appeared shopfront.

I am moving along, getting it customized, but ran into a snag with the category module and the left menu placement. When I first installed the template all the categories on the site appeared in the left module. When I tried to limit them to just the product categories, the module disappeared and hasn't come back since. I've been playing with it and just can't get it to work.

Could you give some direction?

Thanks a lot.
  • chipichipi
  • Previous Member
  • 34 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey there,

Glad you like ShopFront. You can see that mod_tienda_categories is the module published to the left position but that should only publish the product categories for Tienda. When you you tried to limit it to just the product can you describe what you did? That module does not have parameters in it to achieve this.

Cheers,
J
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi Jason,
Here's the complication: I'm using a multi-vendor shopping cart called jmarket from ijoobi. When the template was first installed, all of the site categories (About us, articles, products, etc.) were published to the left position. So first, I went into the module setup and chose only products from the menu selection. Nothing appeared in the left position. So I switched the module to the jmarket category module. It doesn't publish in the left position, either. I contacted the jmarket support people, but they suggested I contact joomla bamboo. Does that make sense?

The site, by the way, is www.chipichipimarket.com

Thank you :)
  • chipichipi
  • Previous Member
  • 34 posts
Hi there,

Looks to me like its a missing closing div in the module:

validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chipichipimarket.com%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&ss=1&group=0&verbose=1&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.767

Try unpublishing the module to see if the banner gets fixed in the second module below it. If it does then its likely to be an issue from one of the settings in the module. I havent used the module myself though so I cant help beyond that.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
That validation service is certainly handy—nice to know it's there.

The product module doesn't appear in the left at all. I had thought that I could get around the problem by publishing the product categories in the Bottom Menu, and then publishing the Bottom Menu in the left position. It doesn't look right, though, when I do that. So I think I'm back to square one.

I'm really not even sure if this is something you can help me with, or if I should be talking to the jmarket people.

Thanks for your time and attention, though.
  • chipichipi
  • Previous Member
  • 34 posts
Hi there.

Im not sure I follow 100% - can you publish any normal Joomla modules in that position?

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
I just published another jMarket module there—languages. Is there a particular module that you would like me to publish? The only module I seem to really have a hard time with is the product categories. That also happens to be the only module I really want there.

Let me back up and explain what I meant in the above post:

In jMarket's back end I manually created the product category list. It is very easy to make the category list a menu item. So I did, and I assigned the list to the Bottom Menu rather than the top menu. I then placed the Bottom Menu in the left position. No go.

Apart from the list that you can manually create in jMarket, there is a category module, similar to that of Tienda. I can't get the module to publish, though.

I hope that makes a little more sense. These things can be hard to explain.
  • chipichipi
  • Previous Member
  • 34 posts
I think I get the picture. Certainly complex. Here are a few things you can try to narrow down the source of the issue.
Try changing to a default Joomla template to see if the module actually has any output. If it does, does it validate?
If so publish the module to the ShopFront template and let us know again. I'd like to have another look.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
That sounds like a good plan of action. I'll see what I can do tomorrow morning and report back. And, once again, thank you.

- Kristina
  • chipichipi
  • Previous Member
  • 34 posts
Welcome Kristina.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hi there,

I'm back :) I changed the template to a standard Joomla template. A few modules that didn't appear in the other template appear now in this template, but the category module doesn't appear. Does that mean that it is a problem with the module?
  • chipichipi
  • Previous Member
  • 34 posts
Hey Kristina,

If you see the title of the module but no other output, it means that something is not quite right with either the module or how it is setup. Just to be certain nothing is wrong in the database or the module files I would un-install and re-install it if possible and see if that fixes things.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
OK. That seems like sound advice. I'm going to contact the good people over at jmarket and see about uninstalling and reinstalling particular modules. Thank you, Jason.

Kristina
  • chipichipi
  • Previous Member
  • 34 posts
Let us know how you get on. If it still comes up with an error log us a ticket and we can take alook for you.

Thanks Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
Hey guys,

So I have been going back and forth with the jmarket people and, as it turns out, the category module is actually just a product module. So the individual products appear, but not in a category menu format.

I'm playing around with it now to see what I can work out.

Thanks a lot for all your help. It may be that I have further questions, so I don't want to sign off just yet ;)

Thanks again.
  • chipichipi
  • Previous Member
  • 34 posts
Welcome Kristina. This should be useful to anyone else using the same component.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers