Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Background-image only on one Page, not all Pages

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hallo,

i need your Help!

i've searched at the forum, in google, tutorials.. :-( but i don't know, is it possible?

I want to do the following:

in the Zen Avanti Template i try to display a background-image on a Page(or Site?.. my english is bad..)., but not on all pages.

for example, i have a menu-item to a K2-Item and on this Page i want a picture as a background-image. all the other pages should have no picture.

i tried to do this with a page-class-suffix, but i don't know, where to add the CSS for the new page-class.

or is there another way to do this?

i'm new to joomla and CSS and all these things, but i want to learn it all! :-) but its hard. The K2 Dokumetation is only in english. in Germany there is nobody who uses K2? and joomla bamboo? :-(

thanks

Petra
  • Teschy
  • 12 Month basic
  • 8 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
There's probably a more elegant way to do it, however....

You could create a copy of the template directory you are using (call it AvantB or whatever, and change the name in templatedetails.xml)

Then you can assign the background in that template, and use Template Manager to assign the second template to your menu items (All but home which will use the default).
  • Astrophel
  • Free Extensions
  • 166 posts
  • 2 Thanks
We've just released an update to the Zen Grid Framework which allows you to assign a template to a menu item again.
So if you are going to use Astrophels method then remember to update.

As for the page class suffix method, you can simply add the styles to the css/theme.css file

Any page specific styling would have the page class preceding the css selector

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers