Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

K2 sub templates

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hey guys, how would I go about using one of the k2 sub template layouts that are in your most recent templates? For example I wanted to use the folio life sub template with zen blank. I copied the files over from folio and it shows up in k2 as an option, but not sure where to go from there. I looked around the site, but haven't found anything explaining this yet.

Thanks.
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
jjohnston,

To use this K2 template, just select it from within the K2 template drop-down option. By default, K2 used 'default' as it's native template. Choosing another option will change the theme that K2 would use. The best way to select another K2 template is either through it's Category option or when you create a K2 menu.

Ed
  • Ed
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 1693 posts
  • 45 Thanks
I'm not sure I was clear about what I'm trying to accomplish. I am using the zenblank template in the zen framework. As of a few weeks ago It only came with the default k2 layout. I wanted to use a k2 layout such as avanteblog, or folio for instance. When I copied the files over to the templates/zenblank/html/com_k2/templates those k2 templates showed up as options in the k2 layou template dropdown, but when selected the actual layout does not change. I would like to use the k2 layout used on the folio template for my categories and items. Hope this explanation is clearer.
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
Hey JJ,

This blog post will help:

www.joomlabamboo.com/blog/tutorials/using-the-avanti-k2-with-other-templates

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
You're the man!!! Anthony. Exactly what I needed. Worked perfectly. Thank you.
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers