Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Stacking Menu Item Name

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Does anyone know how to stack menu names

example

Degree
Programs

it html it kinda looks like
<center>Degree<br>Programs

my site is gaiasoutheast.org

Thanks!
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey JJ,

Do you mean make the top menu go vertical?

try adding -vertical to the menu module. Thats a class thats built into the framework but it might not work in this instance - let me know if it does :)

Anthony
  • Anthony Olsen
  • LIfetime Developer - Big Bamboo
  • 23925 posts
  • 788 Thanks
No. I wanted menu items that stack in this fashion. www.holisticecology.org/view_subpage9.php, but without using images.

Thanks
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
Hey JJ,

You could inject a line break into the menu item name but I would not recommend it because it will have other side effects. For something lie this I would look for a javascript solution. Probably using jQuery to get the text from the menu item (#nav ul li), and use regex to replace the space with a <br>. Inject the new html into the menu. That could work.

Cheers,Jason
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Whew!!! I can tell you're a coder. I'm sitting here sweating just thinking about injecting html and regex and javascript. I'm going to try this method first
.moduletable-superfish ul li, #nav ul li {
margin:0 20px 0 0;
width:5em;
}
If it doesn't work I'll have to suck it up or hope the client changes their mind. Thanks Jason
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 11 hours ago by jjohnston.
Whew!!! I can tell you're a coder. I'm sitting here sweating just thinking about injecting html and regex and javascript. I'm going to try this method first
text-align:center;
}
If it doesn't work I'll have to suck it up or hope the client changes their mind. Thanks Jason
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
}
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
}
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
}
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
}
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
}
  • jjohnston
  • 12 Month Developer
  • 139 posts
Well if the content does not change much, you have a winner there I think. Fingers crossed :)

Cheers,
J
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers