Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Replacing the gutter on main content

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hello

I had to the gutter to 0 in order to fit some design needs. As a result, the text published in the main content is always "stuck" to the grid. I know I could use the padding in the "theme.css" file, but it would then make my main content area bigger and would not suit my design needs. Is there a way to add like an inner margin (without the use of a table) to change this?

Hope I was clear enough...

Thanks!
  • gdep74
  • Previous Member
  • 42 posts
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey there,

Adding anything via css would increase the width and break the design I think.
You could specify a gutter and override it inline in the template html so that the gutter is not applied where you do not want it.
Not sure of the design so I can't be to specific with the advice. Link?

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hey there,

Thanks for your answer. Here is a link
Currently, I applied a background color the same as the whole browser frame so you can see what I mean, that the text is "stuck" to the main content area (gutter set to 0). There will be a time during the developpment of this site, when I will need a different coulour background, therefore, we will see that the text is stuck.
Thanks!
  • gdep74
  • Previous Member
  • 42 posts
Hey,

The easiest way to get around this and have more control over the display as well is to add to the css

theme.css line 73
#mainContent {
margin-bottom:10px;
padding:10px;
}

I've added a padding to the content to create some space and the layout stays the same and does not affect any surrounding blocks either.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers