Support Forum

Please note that this forum is only available to you in read only mode. In order to contribute to this conversation you will need to renew your subscription.

Help with PrettyBox

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Hi...

I need help with PrettyBox module. I'm not sure where/what I've done wrong as I'm learning the system as I go along.

My pictures are not loaded on the main page. I've installed all the necessary plugins, but somehow they are not really working right.

www.deflowershop.com.my/index.php

Also, how do you install additional plug-ins like jbslideshows into a specific page?

Thank you in advance for your help.
  • juwene
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by juwene.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Hey Ali,

The images are being displayed because your image cache directory is not writeable.
Check the following directories (for the various modules if you have them installed)

/modules/mod_prettybox/imagecache/
/modules/mod_prettySlider/imagecache/
/modules/mod_captifyContent/imagecache/
/modules/mod_slideshow3/imagecache/
/modules/mod_microblog/imagecache/
/modules/mod_bambooBox/imagecache/

make sure they are set with 755 permissions.
If your host has not configured your account correctly, you might need to change this to 777 in order to get it to work, but this is not recommended and you should get them to rectify it for you.

You can publish the slideshow module to a particular menu item in the module manager.
In the module parameters for the slideshow you can choose which menu items (pages) the module should be published to. By default it is set to all menu items.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Hello Jason,

I've checked and it's all set at 755.

I tried to install jsslideshow at this particular page and this is the error that I got.

Warning: modSSK2ContentHelper::require_once(/home/deflowers/domains/deflowershop.com.my/public_html/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php) [modssk2contenthelper.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/deflowers/domains/deflowershop.com.my/public_html/modules/mod_slideshow3/helper.php on line 260

Fatal error: modSSK2ContentHelper::require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/deflowers/domains/deflowershop.com.my/public_html/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/deflowers/domains/deflowershop.com.my/public_html/modules/mod_slideshow3/helper.php on line 260

and also, I try to fix the prettybox at homepage and this is what i got:-

Warning: opendir(images/stories/gallery/web pictures) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/deflowers/domains/deflowershop.com.my/public_html/modules/mod_prettyBox/mod_prettyBox.php on line 81

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/deflowers/domains/deflowershop.com.my/public_html/modules/mod_prettyBox/mod_prettyBox.php on line 82

Sorry got to ask you about this as I have almost zero knowledge in this kind of stuff.

Thank you thank you so so much.
  • juwene
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
Hi Juwene
I had similar troubles. My experience is: if you need to change chmod's manually to make Joomla work properly better change the server provider just now. It will save you a looooot of time and troubles. There are servers which are very unfriendly for Joomla but their owners claim that its your lack of knowlege.
regards Tomasz
  • witraze
  • 12 Month basic
  • 346 posts
  • 20 Thanks
Hey Ali,

I agree with Tomasz about having a good provider.
As for the error messages, it seems like you are trying to load articles from K2 in the sldieshow but you do not have K2 installed. Is this the case?
Make sure you have the correct content source in the slideshow parameters.

As for prettyBox, it seems like it cannot open the folder images/stories/gallery/web pictures
does it exist? Try renaming the folder to web_pictures to see if that helps. And change the settings in prettyBox to the new folder name as well.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks
Dear both,

Thank you very much for both your help.

My prettybox issue is resolved. I forwarded your comments to my web hosting provider and they change the folder permission to 775 and it now works. And before that, the name of the folder, well 1 alphabet is in capital and I didn't realised that it's case sensitive.

as for the slideshow, i realised now i don't K2 installed. Done that and I haven't use it that yet.

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes.
  • juwene
  • Previous Member
  • 13 posts
That's great Ali. Good to hear it is working.

Cheers,
Jason.
  • Jason D
  • 6 Month Developer
  • 2957 posts
  • 12 Thanks

zentoolsIf you use Zentools please post a review at the Joomla! Extensions Directory.

Happy Campers